India out of Women's World T20, captain Harmanpreet has no regrets
The decision to drop Mithali Raj from the Indian side that played England in the semi-final of the ICC Women's World T20 may have raised eyebrows, but captain Harmanpreet Kaur was firm that she has "no regrets" about not including the experienced player. Raj has scored the maximum T20I runs every by an Indian.
Whatever we decided, we decided for the team. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, no regrets. I'm proud of the way my girls played through the tournament. This is a learning for us because we are a young team. - Harmanpreet Kaur, India captain
The English team of Natalie Sciver and Amy Ellen Jones showed great technique to beat India in the semi-final match. The spinners removed the openers within the first five overs of the England chase.
India's women suffered the worst batting collapse in recent times. At 89/3 in the 14th over, the Indian innings started falling apart. From here on, India kept losing wickets and failed to reach even double figures.
Kaur praised current ODI champs England's approach and said, "Sometimes you have to change your game according to the wicket. England bowled really well, read the wicket really well. It was not an easy total to chase, and our bowlers bowled really well. We stretched the match till the 18th over."
Kaur also said that the current World T20 showed the need to focus on mental strength. "I think we are a young team and we still need to work on our mental strength. If we can work on how to play under pressure, that will change how we play these games."
Watch in Sign Language
- Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
February 17, 2019
- Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
February 16, 2019
- First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
February 15, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Misophonia
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News