Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
November 24, 2018
Hello readers. Here are the most trending stories of the week on Newz Hook. Goa is hosting the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) and one of India's landmark films Sholay is being screened under the curated section for people with disabilities. Hichki, starring Rani Mukherji is also being screened and both movies have been made accessible for blind viewers though audio descriptions, and for deaf viewers with subtitles.
A workshop about sexuality and abuse of children with disability in Mumbai aims to create awareness and promote child safety.The story about dos and don'ts of communication with parents of disabled children aims to create sensitization.
Blind women cricketers from across Maharashtra showed their amazing sporting talent in an intra-state tournament in Mumbai.
Autism Village in Tiruvallur provides the answer to the parents worrying about the future of their disabled children.
Did you take part in the weekly poll, If not then visit Newz Hook and cast your vote!
Keep reading Newz Hook for more trending news and updates.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News