This rehab center in Chandigarh is making a positive difference
November 28, 2018
Started in 2016, the Chandigarh Spinal Rehab has changed the lives of several people in this short span. The facility offers a unique and holistic approach to people who have suffered multiple disabilities due to injuries and traumas.Rehabilitation is especially critical for a person who has suffered severe injuries to the head or spine leading to a disability.
The centre was founded by Nicky Kaur and the approach is a combination of compassion with rehabilitation. This helps ensure the complete mental and physical recovery of an affected person so they can return to their regular lives with ease.
To be confronted with a disability after an accident can be a major setback and when the disability is permanent, it can be all the more overwhelming. Physical rehabilitation alone is not enough, what is needed is counselling as well as disability brings with it loss of livelihood and a feeling of dependence. The prospect can drive the person into depression and negativity.
This is why a centre like Chandigarh Spinal Rehab is important as it offers all round support, as Joginder Singh, a patient here says.
I came here in September,2018 after a road accident. I was very de-motivated and was looking for a good rehab facility. This centre was strongly recommended to me and the team here is very focused on the work they do. I have achieved more than what I had imagined in just about a month and half. ~ Joginder Singh, Patient
Different types of therapies, treatments and activities are given here. The centre has a 20-bed inpatient facility and offers services to outpatients as well at affordable costs.
The centre aims to make disabled people as independent as possible and bring them back into the mainstream. The trained staff provides expert care and guidance and makes a positive impact on the lives of the patients.
Anurag Kumar Sankrityayan says coming here for treatment has been life-changing. "I was injured in 2014 and I went to various centres but did not improve much. I finally came to Chandigarh Spinal Rehab this year, four years and seven months after my injury. I have achieved my goals in three weeks with the help of the therapy team here", says Sankrityayan.
Patients here are not just treated for their injuries, but also encouraged to take up sports and hobbies. Activities like scuba diving, para-motoring, mouth-painting and swimming are actively promoted. They are also taught coping skills and strategies to deal with disabilities.
To know more about this amazing rehab centre click here
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 21, 2019 All IPL 2019 matches will be played in India
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 "We all have a Javed Abidi inside us": Shameer Rishad talks about the Javed Abidi Foundation
- Technology March 14, 2019 With Inali Arm, developer Prashant Gade aims to change the outlook of people with upper limb disabilities
- Headlines March 20, 2019 One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
- Events March 20, 2019 Samam Vidya & Tinkerama Summer camp
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Chennai tourist attraction, Elliot’s beach, set to become wheelchair accessible
- Events March 20, 2019 Downs syndrome free assessment camp
- Events March 20, 2019 1st ODI National Zone Cricket Championship for Deaf
- Get-hooked March 17, 2019 Need more movies to portray disability in a sensitive manner, say activists
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News