Ayodhya turns tense as demand for Ram Mandir rises
November 25, 2018
The demand for Ram Mandir has risen in Uttar Pradesh. The event Dharam Sansad will be held today on 25 November. Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), Bajrang Dal and Shiv Sena are the organizers of the event. Over the past few days, over one lakh party workers have also been holding rallies in various parts of the state demanding construction of Ram Mandir. Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackery is currently in Ayodhya to promote the same and put pressure on the central government for construction of Ram Mandir.
Streets of Ayodhya are covered with saffron flags of right-wing political parties. The Faizabad district administration has imposed Section 144 after reports came out that minority communities were feeling unsafe.
How some of the Muslim Families of #Ayodhya have locked up their homes and moved out of the city for next few days fearing Shiv Sena's #Rammandir program- Ashish, Twitter User.
Ayodhya has been witnessing numerous communal riots ever since 1992 when Babri Masjid was demolished. With various political parties taking turns, the situation in the state has only worsened over the years.
Akhilesh Yadav, former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, asked Supreme Court to deploy army in the state. He said that the central ruling BJP government will go to any extent in order to create communal riots in the state. He asserted that deploying army is the only way to maintain law and order. The state government has deployed hundreds of police men across the state to ensure that no riots occur.
While many Twitter users were seen supporting construction of Ram Mandir, many others demanded that there must be no communal riots in the state.
"Again the #ayodhya news is a hot topic as the election dates r comingcloser. As said by Mr Ansari sir Muslims have no problem in building #RamMandir if it'll be good for country. Bring ordinance,Build temple bt Don't makeit political iusse & filthy communal riots", tweeted Amiya Ranjan Sahoo.
Watch in Sign Language
- IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
April 21, 2019
- Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
April 21, 2019
- Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
April 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Events April 18, 2019 Treasure Island
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News