Ayodhya turns tense as demand for Ram Mandir rises
November 25, 2018
The demand for Ram Mandir has risen in Uttar Pradesh. The event Dharam Sansad will be held today on 25 November. Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), Bajrang Dal and Shiv Sena are the organizers of the event. Over the past few days, over one lakh party workers have also been holding rallies in various parts of the state demanding construction of Ram Mandir. Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackery is currently in Ayodhya to promote the same and put pressure on the central government for construction of Ram Mandir.
Streets of Ayodhya are covered with saffron flags of right-wing political parties. The Faizabad district administration has imposed Section 144 after reports came out that minority communities were feeling unsafe.
How some of the Muslim Families of #Ayodhya have locked up their homes and moved out of the city for next few days fearing Shiv Sena's #Rammandir program- Ashish, Twitter User.
Ayodhya has been witnessing numerous communal riots ever since 1992 when Babri Masjid was demolished. With various political parties taking turns, the situation in the state has only worsened over the years.
Akhilesh Yadav, former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, asked Supreme Court to deploy army in the state. He said that the central ruling BJP government will go to any extent in order to create communal riots in the state. He asserted that deploying army is the only way to maintain law and order. The state government has deployed hundreds of police men across the state to ensure that no riots occur.
While many Twitter users were seen supporting construction of Ram Mandir, many others demanded that there must be no communal riots in the state.
"Again the #ayodhya news is a hot topic as the election dates r comingcloser. As said by Mr Ansari sir Muslims have no problem in building #RamMandir if it'll be good for country. Bring ordinance,Build temple bt Don't makeit political iusse & filthy communal riots", tweeted Amiya Ranjan Sahoo.
Watch in Sign Language
- Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
June 18, 2019
- Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
June 18, 2019
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
June 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News