ICC Women’s WT20: Mithali Raj’s manager criticises captain Harmanpreet Kaur
November 25, 2018
The manager of Mithali Raj has attacked India captain Harmanpreet Kaur for leaving the veteran player out of the team that played the ICC Women's World T20 semi-final against England on Thursday.
The Indian women's team suffered their first loss of the tournament, crashing out after a 8-wicket defeat . The decision to rest Mithali for this crucial game has attracted criticism and now Raj's manager has openly attacked the India T20I captain.
Unfortunately @BCCIWomen believes in politics not sport. After witnessing what @M_Raj03 's experience could do in IndvIre it's shocking that they went with what pleases @ImHarmanpreet -a manipulative, lying, immature, undeserving captain. - Annisha Gupta, Mithali Raj's manager
Gupta later deleted the account but she confirmed to media houses that she had attacked Kaur. Speaking to a TV channel she said, "We can see the kind of treatment that Mithali has received despite her brilliant performance and despite showing stability and consistency. The kind of treatment she has received is completely uncalled for and there is something deeper than we need to look at than just the statements that have been coming out."
After the loss, Kaur defended the management's decision to bench Raj, saying, "Whatever we decided, we decided for the team. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, no regrets." She also said she was proud of the team played.
Watch in Sign Language
- Father pleads guilty in death of adoptive disabled child
June 27, 2019
- Salman Khan accused of assault, robbery
June 27, 2019
- PM responds to Jharkhand lynching
June 27, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Salman Khan accused of assault, robbery
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Get-hooked June 26, 2019 Nationwide contest seeks to unearth and showcase talented blind cooks
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News