Tight security in Ayodhya as groups gather to build support for temple
November 26, 2018
Ayodhya became a fortress on Sunday as groups like the Vishwa Hindu Parishad and the Shiv Sena held rallies to build pressure on the government to build a Ram temple. Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray, who is in Ayodhya, warned the BJP that unless a temple is built, it will be out of power.
Many right-wing groups have been demanding that the government pass an ordinance or executive order to bypass the legal case. The Ayodhya case is pending in the Supreme Court, which will decide on a date of hearing in January.
Thackeray has accused the BJP of dragging its feet.
Do whatever it is you have to do. A temple has to be built This government is very powerful and if they (the BJP) don't build a temple they will not be in government. - Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray
Three lakh people, including sadhus, attended a Dharam Sansad on Sunday.
Uttar Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya has criticised the Shiv Sena for demanding a temple saying the party had role in the temple movement.
Five companies of Rapid Action Force personnel, anti-terrorism squads, 42 companies of Provincial Armed Constabulary and nearly 1,000 policemen were deployed in Ayodhya.
The All India Muslim Personal Law Board chief Zafaryab Jilani said that the meet had scared Muslims living in the city. Many of them moved to Lucknow to avoid being the city.
Watch in Sign Language
- Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
June 18, 2019
- Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
June 18, 2019
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
June 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Events June 13, 2019 Decoding Dementia
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines June 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News