Tight security in Ayodhya as groups gather to build support for temple
November 26, 2018
Ayodhya became a fortress on Sunday as groups like the Vishwa Hindu Parishad and the Shiv Sena held rallies to build pressure on the government to build a Ram temple. Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray, who is in Ayodhya, warned the BJP that unless a temple is built, it will be out of power.
Many right-wing groups have been demanding that the government pass an ordinance or executive order to bypass the legal case. The Ayodhya case is pending in the Supreme Court, which will decide on a date of hearing in January.
Thackeray has accused the BJP of dragging its feet.
Do whatever it is you have to do. A temple has to be built This government is very powerful and if they (the BJP) don't build a temple they will not be in government. - Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray
Three lakh people, including sadhus, attended a Dharam Sansad on Sunday.
Uttar Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya has criticised the Shiv Sena for demanding a temple saying the party had role in the temple movement.
Five companies of Rapid Action Force personnel, anti-terrorism squads, 42 companies of Provincial Armed Constabulary and nearly 1,000 policemen were deployed in Ayodhya.
The All India Muslim Personal Law Board chief Zafaryab Jilani said that the meet had scared Muslims living in the city. Many of them moved to Lucknow to avoid being the city.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News