South Indian cinema bids adieu to Kannada superstar Ambareesh
November 27, 2018
Karnataka's yesteryear superstar and politician Ambareesh breathed his last at a private hospital in Bengaluru on Saturday night. The renowned actor passed away due to a cardiac arrest. Many actors, technicians and politicians from South India paid their last respects to Ambareesh. His funeral took place on Monday morning at the Kanteevara Studio in Bengaluru with all state honours.
Karnataka state government ordered a three day mourning including ban on sale of liquor. 66 year old Ambareesh was survived by his wife Sumalatha, who was a yesteryear South Indian actress and a son Abhishek.
Malavalli Huchche Gowda Amarnath popularly known as Ambareesh, was born at Mandya in Karnataka in the year 1952. Even though he appeared in small roles in Kannada cinem, he soon rose to stardom and became known as the rebel star. He was lovingly called Mandyada Gandu in Karnataka which meant 'man of Mandya'. Apart from being a minister in Karnataka, Ambareesh became a union minister too.
Shri Ambareesh will always be remembered for his memorable performances as an actor and extensive contribution to politics. He was a strong voice for Karnataka's welfare, at the state and central level. Pained by his demise. Condolences to his family & admirers- Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India.
On Monday, Bemgaluru witnessed a sea of Ambareesh fans and his close aides who raised slogans praising the actor. Over 8000 policemen were deployed across Bengaluru to ensure that the law and order in the city was under control.
Superstar Rajinikanth, Mohan Babu, Lakshmi, Chiranjeevi, Karnataka Chief Minister Kumaraswamy and former Chief Minister Siddaramaiah were some of the prominent people who paid their last tributes to Ambareesh.
"A wonderful human being ... my best friend ... I have lost you today and will miss you ... Rest In Peace #Ambrish", tweeted South Indian superstar Rajinikanth.
Watch in Sign Language
- IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
April 21, 2019
- Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
April 21, 2019
- Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
April 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News