Actor Vishal Krishna adopts village affected by Cyclone Gaja
November 27, 2018
Cyclone Gaja has caused massive destruction in the state of Tamil Nadu and has affected thousands of families and livelihoods.
Actor Vishal Krishna has announced that he will adopt a village in the state and take the responsibility for its restoration.
The actor has adopted the village of KaarkavaiyaI that is located in the Thanjavur district of Tamil Nadu. He has promised that he will help in putting back the village to its pre Gaja condition.
The actor shared the news on tweeter. He wrote,
This village is mine. #kaarkavaiyaI thanjavur district. I swear I will bring back this village to normality and this will be my responsibility forever. Model village on the way. I luv u group #socialarchitects to help me achieve this. God bless
Vishal is an actor, producer and is known for his work in Tamil movies. He is also the President of Tamil Nadu Film Producers Council. His support to the villagers can help them get back on their feet faster. As per reports, KaarkavaiyaI is one of the most badly affected areas due to cyclone Gaja.
Gaja has destroyed crops, houses and infrastructure in many parts of the state and has taken the lives of more than 40 people. Several celebrates such as Rajinikanth and Kamal Haasan have also contributed relief material and money to the affected people.
Social media users appreciated the actor's gesture.
Arima @Dracarys28 tweeted," Replying to @VishalKOfficial This is really a great news, hope every actor adopt a village from the impacted region and work for its betterment. If #Vishal really takes this serious and improve their life then definitely people will forget and forgive the past promises which he did not fulfill #kaarkavaiyaI"
Mahesh Ravichandran @Mahesh_ELV wrote,"Replying to @VishalKOfficial Thank you so much sir . Good initiative. We will pray God for you to succeed in your vision."
Watch in Sign Language
- IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
April 21, 2019
- Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
April 21, 2019
- Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
April 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News