Actor Vishal Krishna adopts village affected by Cyclone Gaja
November 27, 2018
Cyclone Gaja has caused massive destruction in the state of Tamil Nadu and has affected thousands of families and livelihoods.
Actor Vishal Krishna has announced that he will adopt a village in the state and take the responsibility for its restoration.
The actor has adopted the village of KaarkavaiyaI that is located in the Thanjavur district of Tamil Nadu. He has promised that he will help in putting back the village to its pre Gaja condition.
The actor shared the news on tweeter. He wrote,
This village is mine. #kaarkavaiyaI thanjavur district. I swear I will bring back this village to normality and this will be my responsibility forever. Model village on the way. I luv u group #socialarchitects to help me achieve this. God bless
Vishal is an actor, producer and is known for his work in Tamil movies. He is also the President of Tamil Nadu Film Producers Council. His support to the villagers can help them get back on their feet faster. As per reports, KaarkavaiyaI is one of the most badly affected areas due to cyclone Gaja.
Gaja has destroyed crops, houses and infrastructure in many parts of the state and has taken the lives of more than 40 people. Several celebrates such as Rajinikanth and Kamal Haasan have also contributed relief material and money to the affected people.
Social media users appreciated the actor's gesture.
Arima @Dracarys28 tweeted," Replying to @VishalKOfficial This is really a great news, hope every actor adopt a village from the impacted region and work for its betterment. If #Vishal really takes this serious and improve their life then definitely people will forget and forgive the past promises which he did not fulfill #kaarkavaiyaI"
Mahesh Ravichandran @Mahesh_ELV wrote,"Replying to @VishalKOfficial Thank you so much sir . Good initiative. We will pray God for you to succeed in your vision."
Watch in Sign Language
- Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
June 18, 2019
- Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
June 18, 2019
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
June 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News