Big Bazaar has some unique workshops planned for visually impaired people
On the occasion of World Disability Day, the National Association for the Blind (NAB) in New DelhI and Big Bazaar have partnered for a unique initiative.
From 4 to 5 December, special workshops will be held for visually impaired people in select Big Bazaar outlets.The cities where these will be held are Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Lucknow
Big Bazaar has spearheaded several inclusive marketing initiatives earlier as well. Many outlets offer facilities like a shopping assistant, priority billing and help from the staff to make shopping more convenient for people with disabilities.
Prasant Ranjan Verma of the NAB says such workshops are always welcomed by the community.
We at NAB, Delhi appreciate the initiative take up by Big Bazaar and hope that many such events will also be organised in the future. These workshops aim to bring visually impaired youth into the mainstream through topics such as, makeup, fashion, cooking. Since these workshops are being organised at the popular outlets of Big Bazaar, they will also help in sensitization of people at large.Prasant Ranjan Verma, General Secretary, National Association for the Blind
The upcoming workshops will cover a wide range of interesting topics.
Eye For Fashion
This workshop is for blind women and will be on 4 December from 2 to 4 pm.
If you are interested to know more about the latest fashion trends and how to make them part of your wardrobe, then this is definitely the workshop for you.
You Look Beautiful
This workshop is also for women and will be about makeup and looking good. If you like to learn about basic makeup and hair styling then don’t miss the workshop. The session will be held on 4 December from 4.30-6.30 pm.
Cooking Without Looking
This workshop is for all and will be used to shed light on cooking tips and tricks for people with visual impairments. Do take out time to be a part of this exciting session on 5 December from 2- 4 pm.
“It is a great initiative, I’m sure so many people will benefit from it. The girls will get an idea about how to apply makeup and also about trending fashion. It’s every girl’s dream to get ready and look beautiful. After this workshop, I’m expecting to see every girl happy with the trending clothes on and beautiful make up applied. It will boost their confidence as well.”- Simran Chawla, Beauty Pageant Winner
Apart from these fun sessions, NAB has also designed some special workshops.
This is a unique opportunity for people with visual impairments. Don’t wait any more and register yourself. You can do this by calling 8826261166, 9212319762.For more information about the workshops Click Here
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
- Get-hooked December 17, 2018 My life is disabled by my environment - Guest column by Diethono Nakhro, disability rights activist
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Deaf candidate Sudeep Shukla impresses in polls, shows the way to disabled political aspirants
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018