Big Bazaar has some unique workshops planned for visually impaired people
November 30, 2018
On the occasion of World Disability Day, the National Association for the Blind (NAB) in New DelhI and Big Bazaar have partnered for a unique initiative.
From 4 to 5 December, special workshops will be held for visually impaired people in select Big Bazaar outlets.The cities where these will be held are Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Lucknow
Big Bazaar has spearheaded several inclusive marketing initiatives earlier as well. Many outlets offer facilities like a shopping assistant, priority billing and help from the staff to make shopping more convenient for people with disabilities.
Prasant Ranjan Verma of the NAB says such workshops are always welcomed by the community.
We at NAB, Delhi appreciate the initiative take up by Big Bazaar and hope that many such events will also be organised in the future. These workshops aim to bring visually impaired youth into the mainstream through topics such as, makeup, fashion, cooking. Since these workshops are being organised at the popular outlets of Big Bazaar, they will also help in sensitization of people at large.Prasant Ranjan Verma, General Secretary, National Association for the Blind
The upcoming workshops will cover a wide range of interesting topics.
Eye For Fashion
This workshop is for blind women and will be on 4 December from 2 to 4 pm.
If you are interested to know more about the latest fashion trends and how to make them part of your wardrobe, then this is definitely the workshop for you.
You Look Beautiful
This workshop is also for women and will be about makeup and looking good. If you like to learn about basic makeup and hair styling then don't miss the workshop. The session will be held on 4 December from 4.30-6.30 pm.
Cooking Without Looking
This workshop is for all and will be used to shed light on cooking tips and tricks for people with visual impairments. Do take out time to be a part of this exciting session on 5 December from 2- 4 pm.
"It is a great initiative, I'm sure so many people will benefit from it. The girls will get an idea about how to apply makeup and also about trending fashion. It's every girl's dream to get ready and look beautiful. After this workshop, I'm expecting to see every girl happy with the trending clothes on and beautiful make up applied. It will boost their confidence as well."- Simran Chawla, Beauty Pageant Winner
Apart from these fun sessions, NAB has also designed some special workshops.
This is a unique opportunity for people with visual impairments. Don't wait any more and register yourself. You can do this by calling 8826261166, 9212319762.For more information about the workshops Click Here
Watch in Sign Language
- Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
April 21, 2019
- In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
April 20, 2019
- CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
April 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News