Mithali Raj opens up about humiliation by coach Ramesh Powar
November 28, 2018
Indian cricket player Mithali Raj has finally opened up about being mistreated by the team management and her coach.
The senior cricketer was kept out of the team that played the ICC Women's World T20 semi-final against England last week.
Indian team lost the match by 8 wickets and the decision of the captain Harmanpreet Kaur was highly criticized by several people including manager of Mithali Raj.
Now Mithali Raj herself has spoken about the whole incident by writing a letter to the BCCI. The letter has been written to BCCI CEO Rahul Johri and Cricket Operations GM Saba Karim.
In her letter, Mithali has mentioned about her disappointment regarding being dropped from the crucial match.
She has also written that the coach of the Indian team, Ramesh Powar is intent on destroying her career and has been treating her in a humiliating manner lately.
Mithali wrote that she was not even allowed to be a part of the team huddle during the semi-final and felt very insulted by the treatment meted out to her. Mithali has written that coach Ramesh Powar ignored her presence as if she did not exist in the team.
She also accused Diana Edulji of being biased against her. Diana Edulji is a member of Committee of Administrators and had supported the decision of keeping Mithali out of the team.
Mithali's letter has raised the question of mistreatment of talented players by team management due to dirty politics. The player got a lot of support from fans on social media.
Ajai @ajai_cs tweeted, "Replying to @ANI Why do we have jokers like @imrameshpowar coaching Indian woman's cricket team? Imbecile coaches get uncomfortable by the presence of strong players in the team, and start playing dirty tricks with them. Such coaches should be kicked out immediately from their job."
Another twitter user Alive 2 Roar @Blr_141286 also wrote," Replying to @thefield_in @scroll_in You're a champion Mithali @M_Raj03 & cricket fans know that. India will forever remember the fact that we lost the chance to win world cup coz you were not in the team that day. Champions fight, they don't lose heart... Keep fighting "
Watch in Sign Language
- Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
June 18, 2019
- Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
June 18, 2019
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
June 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Outrage over Pakistani ad mocking Indian pilot
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 Does parenting change with changing eyesight? - Guest column by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News