Madhya Pradesh, Mizoram voters cast their votes for assembly elections
November 29, 2018
Voting for over 230 legislative assembly seats took place at Madhya Pradesh on Wednesday. Madhya Pradesh is currently ruled by the Bharatiya Janata Party. Winning in the state will only assert on their power in the state.
Mizoram too, went to cast their votes yesterday. This assembly election is extremely crucial to the Bharatiya Janata Party who are trying to hold their grip tight in this North-Eastern state that has been under the power of Congress for the past many decades.
Many prominent leaders, including Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Congress President Rahul Gandhi asked people to come out and vote for the elections.
My appeal to the voters of Mizoram: Your vote is not just your constitutional right, it is a blessing & a weapon. Use it wisely today! Vote for peace, prosperity and progress. My best wishes and warmest regards to all my brothers & sisters in #Mizoram- Rahul Gandhi, President, Congress Party.
Polling began at 8am and ended at 5pm in Madhya Pradesh except for the Naxalite-hit constituencies of Lanji, Baihar and Paraswada where polling was held between 7am and 3pm.
In fact, the election of both these states witnessed a large number of youngsters thronging polling booths to cast their votes. Many of them took to social media to talk about how important it is to vote for the right party!
"Dear sensible wise voters of MP , vote wisely for a steady & progressive party which made tremendous progress in last 15 yrs. Stay away from deceptive soft Hindutwa & fake propaganda of dynastic looters !! #MadhyaPradeshElections", tweeted Shiv N Sahoo.
The results of the election will be announced on 11 December.
Watch in Sign Language
- IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
April 21, 2019
- Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
April 21, 2019
- Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
April 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 19, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News