Madhya Pradesh, Mizoram voters cast their votes for assembly elections
November 29, 2018
Voting for over 230 legislative assembly seats took place at Madhya Pradesh on Wednesday. Madhya Pradesh is currently ruled by the Bharatiya Janata Party. Winning in the state will only assert on their power in the state.
Mizoram too, went to cast their votes yesterday. This assembly election is extremely crucial to the Bharatiya Janata Party who are trying to hold their grip tight in this North-Eastern state that has been under the power of Congress for the past many decades.
Many prominent leaders, including Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Congress President Rahul Gandhi asked people to come out and vote for the elections.
My appeal to the voters of Mizoram: Your vote is not just your constitutional right, it is a blessing & a weapon. Use it wisely today! Vote for peace, prosperity and progress. My best wishes and warmest regards to all my brothers & sisters in #Mizoram- Rahul Gandhi, President, Congress Party.
Polling began at 8am and ended at 5pm in Madhya Pradesh except for the Naxalite-hit constituencies of Lanji, Baihar and Paraswada where polling was held between 7am and 3pm.
In fact, the election of both these states witnessed a large number of youngsters thronging polling booths to cast their votes. Many of them took to social media to talk about how important it is to vote for the right party!
"Dear sensible wise voters of MP , vote wisely for a steady & progressive party which made tremendous progress in last 15 yrs. Stay away from deceptive soft Hindutwa & fake propaganda of dynastic looters !! #MadhyaPradeshElections", tweeted Shiv N Sahoo.
The results of the election will be announced on 11 December.
Watch in Sign Language
- Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
June 18, 2019
- Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
June 18, 2019
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
June 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News