Indian girl’s response to Donald Trump’s tweet goes viral on internet
November 29, 2018
President of America Donald Trump is known to be an avid twitter user although most of his tweets hardly make sense or are true. Recently an Indian teenage girl responded to one of the tweets by US President Donald Trump and that has made her famous across the world.
Astha Sarmah is a student and she responded to a tweet from Donald Trump that read, "Brutal and Extended Cold Blast could shatter ALL RECORDS - Whatever happened to Global Warming?"
Astha responded to this tweet and wrote, "I am 54 years younger than you. I just finished high school with average marks. But even I can tell you that WEATHER IS NOT CLIMATE. If you want help understanding that, I can lend you my encyclopedia from when I was in 2nd grade. It has pictures and everything. "
The way she put out the response in a funny, sarcastic yet polite manner, won over the internet and Sarmah has now become extremely famous.
Trump is known for his anti-climate protection stance and many a times he has claimed that the concept of Global Warming is actually a hoax and does not exist. This is the reason that lead to hundreds of people come out on twitter and shower praises on Astha Sarmah.
Whether or not Trump takes up her advice and consults an encyclopedia will remain a mystery, but one thing is for sure that thousands of people on social media now know about this girl from the Indian state of Assam.
Astha's comment has been liked more than 22,000 times from all over the world and twitter users from America in particular have praised her for the response to the US President.
Here are some responses to Astha's world famous tweet.
Noman @Noman41041040 wrote, "Replying to @thebuttcracker7 @realDonaldTrump You really made a great tweet. So you got acquainted overnight in the world."
Grace Adele @Graceadeletweeted"Replying to @thebuttcracker7 @realDonaldTrump You totally win the internet today!! I'm so proud of you!!"
Watch in Sign Language
- IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals win again
April 26, 2019
- BJP to contest more seats than Congress in Lok Sabha elections
April 26, 2019
- Madras High Court lifts ban on TikTok
April 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 26, 2019 BJP to contest more seats than Congress in Lok Sabha elections
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Accessibility April 26, 2019 With 3,000 plus polling booths on upper floors, disabled voters in Maharashtra are a worried lot
- Events April 25, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Events April 22, 2019 Learn to manage your own career
- Headlines April 25, 2019 Death toll in Lanka attacks rises, more arrests
- Headlines April 24, 2019 Bollywood actor Sunny Deol joins BJP
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Congress list for Delhi polls out
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Get-hooked April 24, 2019 #AutismPower - Sweden's Greta Thunberg nominated for Nobel prize for climate change activism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News