Indian girl’s response to Donald Trump’s tweet goes viral on internet
November 29, 2018
President of America Donald Trump is known to be an avid twitter user although most of his tweets hardly make sense or are true. Recently an Indian teenage girl responded to one of the tweets by US President Donald Trump and that has made her famous across the world.
Astha Sarmah is a student and she responded to a tweet from Donald Trump that read, "Brutal and Extended Cold Blast could shatter ALL RECORDS - Whatever happened to Global Warming?"
Astha responded to this tweet and wrote, "I am 54 years younger than you. I just finished high school with average marks. But even I can tell you that WEATHER IS NOT CLIMATE. If you want help understanding that, I can lend you my encyclopedia from when I was in 2nd grade. It has pictures and everything. "
The way she put out the response in a funny, sarcastic yet polite manner, won over the internet and Sarmah has now become extremely famous.
Trump is known for his anti-climate protection stance and many a times he has claimed that the concept of Global Warming is actually a hoax and does not exist. This is the reason that lead to hundreds of people come out on twitter and shower praises on Astha Sarmah.
Whether or not Trump takes up her advice and consults an encyclopedia will remain a mystery, but one thing is for sure that thousands of people on social media now know about this girl from the Indian state of Assam.
Astha's comment has been liked more than 22,000 times from all over the world and twitter users from America in particular have praised her for the response to the US President.
Here are some responses to Astha's world famous tweet.
Noman @Noman41041040 wrote, "Replying to @thebuttcracker7 @realDonaldTrump You really made a great tweet. So you got acquainted overnight in the world."
Grace Adele @Graceadeletweeted"Replying to @thebuttcracker7 @realDonaldTrump You totally win the internet today!! I'm so proud of you!!"
Watch in Sign Language
- Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
June 18, 2019
- Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
June 18, 2019
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
June 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Kerala cops, Interpol join hands to fight child abuse
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Events June 11, 2019 Maximising Progress in Autism
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News