Air India aircraft’s wingtip hits building in Stockholm airport
November 30, 2018
In a shocking incident, an Air India aircraft's wingtip hit a building at the Stockholm airport at Sweden on Wednesday. There were over 179 passengers in the flight. All of them are reportedly safe. Police said that cause of the accident is not yet known. Investigations on the incident are currently on. The aircraft had originated from New Delhi.
Pictures of the aircraft's wingtip being stuck to a building have been doing the rounds on social media. The left hand wingtip of the aircraft has been damaged. All the passengers from the flight were offloaded through a mobile staircase from the flight.
Social media users were seen outrageous after the incident came to light. Reportedly, the delay and cancellation of flights caused bigger anger amongst passengers.
AI167 from Stockholm to Delhi cancelled. #airindia 239 passengers stranded at ARN airport, no air India person there to answer. Handling agent SAS says waiting to hear from air India. @jayantsinha @Ashok_Gajapathi @airindiain @AirIndia_assist @Airindiase- Ramesh Bhootra, Twitter User.
Soon after the incident was reported, the airport was seen thronged with fire engines and police. Some of the passengers tweeted their anger and anxiety!
"Stuck in Stockholm. Flight cancelled #airindia F**k!", tweeted Sari Kivela.
Recently, Air India was on the limelight for flying a damaged aircraft for over four hours from Thiruchirapalli airport to Mumbai airport. The flight that was headed to Dubai had to make a stop at Mumbai due to the damages.
Watch in Sign Language
- Pragya Thakur sparks controversy with her statements, gets court notice
April 22, 2019
- Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
April 22, 2019
- Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
April 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Shatrughan Sinha's wife joins Samajwadi Party
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News