World Disability Day celebrations- Walk to Freedom
International Day of Persons with Disabilities falls on the 3rd of December each year, with the aim of promoting empowerment, and helping to create real opportunities for people with disabilities. This enhances their own capacities and supports them in setting their own priorities. Empowerment involves investing in people - in jobs, health, nutrition, education, and social protection. When people are empowered they are better prepared to take advantage of opportunities, they become agents of change and can more readily embrace their civic responsibilities. Theme for International Day of Persons with Disabilities: Empowering persons with disabilities and ensuring inclusiveness and equality".
NCPEDP has been traditionally celebrating the International Day of Persons with Disabilities for two decades at the India Gate, bringing together people with disabilities, their friends, families and supporters to draw attention to the needs of the disabled. The celebrations usually centre around a common theme that reverberates across celebrations organised throughout the country by our partners and other disabled peoples organisations.
The celebrations historically end with a symbolic Walk to Freedom, cautioning against complacency and reminding the sector of the work that yet needs to be done to ensure empowerment of people with disabilities.
- Starts on: Monday, 03 Dec 2018 at 05:00 PM
- Ends on: Monday, 03 Dec 2018 at 08:00 PM
- City: New Delhi
- Location: India Gate
- Event Charges: Free
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: Yes
- Organizer Name: National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP)
- Organizer Phone: 91-11-26221276 / 26221277 / 49122868
- Organizer Email: email@example.com
- Organizer Website: http://www.ncpedp.org
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Education June 24, 2019 Inclusive Education - Challenges and Barriers - Guest column by Rukmini Krishnaswamy
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Rahul Gandhi firm on quitting as Congress chief
- Technology June 24, 2019 New web-based remote promises to change TV viewing for people with disabilities
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
- Parasports June 27, 2019 Bengaluru to play host to national blind football tournament
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News