World Disability Day celebrations- Walk to Freedom
International Day of Persons with Disabilities falls on the 3rd of December each year, with the aim of promoting empowerment, and helping to create real opportunities for people with disabilities. This enhances their own capacities and supports them in setting their own priorities. Empowerment involves investing in people – in jobs, health, nutrition, education, and social protection. When people are empowered they are better prepared to take advantage of opportunities, they become agents of change and can more readily embrace their civic responsibilities. Theme for International Day of Persons with Disabilities: Empowering persons with disabilities and ensuring inclusiveness and equality”.
NCPEDP has been traditionally celebrating the International Day of Persons with Disabilities for two decades at the India Gate, bringing together people with disabilities, their friends, families and supporters to draw attention to the needs of the disabled. The celebrations usually centre around a common theme that reverberates across celebrations organised throughout the country by our partners and other disabled peoples organisations.
The celebrations historically end with a symbolic Walk to Freedom, cautioning against complacency and reminding the sector of the work that yet needs to be done to ensure empowerment of people with disabilities.
- Starts on: Monday, 03 Dec 2018 at 05:00 PM
- Ends on: Monday, 03 Dec 2018 at 08:00 PM
- City: New Delhi
- Location: India Gate
- Event Charges: Free
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: Yes
- Organizer Name: National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP)
- Organizer Phone: 91-11-26221276 / 26221277 / 49122868
- Organizer Email: email@example.com
- Organizer Website: http://www.ncpedp.org
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Kedarnath movie banned in 7 Uttarakhand districts
- Accessibility December 4, 2018 Chennai's iconic Marina Beach turns accessible for two days
- Headlines December 6, 2018 Vijay Mallya offers to pay 100% loans back to the banks
- Accessibility December 7, 2018 Come June 2019, Kolkata's historic Victoria Memorial promises to re-open in an accessible avatar
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Headlines December 6, 2018 Prime Minister Modi attends Priyanka-Nick’s reception party
- Accessibility December 6, 2018 Kerala government reserves 4% jobs for disabled people in government-aided educational institutions
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News