Mithali Raj expresses disappointment as allegations levelled by coach
November 30, 2018
Veteran cricketer Mithali Raj took to Twitter to express her disappointment over the recent incidents after she was dropped from the team during the recently-concluded World T20.
Calling it the darkest day of her life, Raj tweeted,
I'm deeply saddened & hurt by the aspersions cast on me. My commitment to the game & 20yrs of playing for my country. The hard work, sweat, in vain. Today, my patriotism doubted, my skill set questioned & all the mud slinging- it's the darkest day of my life. May god give strength. - Mithali Raj, Cricketer
According to media reports, Ramesh Powar, Coach of the India women's team for the ICC Women's World T20, told the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) that Raj did not play for the team and was chasing her own milestones.
The report he submitted said, "Minimum inputs in team meetings, not a single word of appreciation after finishing at the top of the table. Could not understand & adapt to team plan. Ignored her role and batted for own milestones. Lack of keeping the momentum going which was putting extra pressure on other batters".
Raj had also accused The BCCI Committee of Administrators (CoA) member Diana Edulji of bias after she was dropped from for the semi-final against England. She also accused Powar of humiliating her.
She mentioned a series of instances where she had felt slighted by Powar.
Watch in Sign Language
- Father pleads guilty in death of adoptive disabled child
June 27, 2019
- Salman Khan accused of assault, robbery
June 27, 2019
- PM responds to Jharkhand lynching
June 27, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Accessibility June 22, 2019 With no hearing test facility at Delhi's Safdarjung Hospital, disabled students miss NEET counselling
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Father pleads guilty in death of adoptive disabled child
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Social media thread highlights barriers faced by disabled candidates at exam halls across India
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Best friends Mary Vincy & Mary Jiya shares their success mantras
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News