Mithali Raj expresses disappointment as allegations levelled by coach
Veteran cricketer Mithali Raj took to Twitter to express her disappointment over the recent incidents after she was dropped from the team during the recently-concluded World T20.
Calling it the darkest day of her life, Raj tweeted,
I'm deeply saddened & hurt by the aspersions cast on me. My commitment to the game & 20yrs of playing for my country. The hard work, sweat, in vain. Today, my patriotism doubted, my skill set questioned & all the mud slinging- it's the darkest day of my life. May god give strength. - Mithali Raj, Cricketer
According to media reports, Ramesh Powar, Coach of the India women's team for the ICC Women's World T20, told the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) that Raj did not play for the team and was chasing her own milestones.
The report he submitted said, "Minimum inputs in team meetings, not a single word of appreciation after finishing at the top of the table. Could not understand & adapt to team plan. Ignored her role and batted for own milestones. Lack of keeping the momentum going which was putting extra pressure on other batters".
Raj had also accused The BCCI Committee of Administrators (CoA) member Diana Edulji of bias after she was dropped from for the semi-final against England. She also accused Powar of humiliating her.
She mentioned a series of instances where she had felt slighted by Powar.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Events February 20, 2019 Paintability!
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 #LovePossible - Newlyweds Shilpa & Danish Mahajan are setting serious couple goals
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 One billion youth face risk of hearing loss, warns United Nations
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Saudi Arabia Crown in India to strengthen ties
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 7, 2019
Headlines February 19, 2019
Headlines February 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019