Mithali Raj expresses disappointment as allegations levelled by coach
November 30, 2018
Veteran cricketer Mithali Raj took to Twitter to express her disappointment over the recent incidents after she was dropped from the team during the recently-concluded World T20.
Calling it the darkest day of her life, Raj tweeted,
I'm deeply saddened & hurt by the aspersions cast on me. My commitment to the game & 20yrs of playing for my country. The hard work, sweat, in vain. Today, my patriotism doubted, my skill set questioned & all the mud slinging- it's the darkest day of my life. May god give strength. - Mithali Raj, Cricketer
According to media reports, Ramesh Powar, Coach of the India women's team for the ICC Women's World T20, told the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) that Raj did not play for the team and was chasing her own milestones.
The report he submitted said, "Minimum inputs in team meetings, not a single word of appreciation after finishing at the top of the table. Could not understand & adapt to team plan. Ignored her role and batted for own milestones. Lack of keeping the momentum going which was putting extra pressure on other batters".
Raj had also accused The BCCI Committee of Administrators (CoA) member Diana Edulji of bias after she was dropped from for the semi-final against England. She also accused Powar of humiliating her.
She mentioned a series of instances where she had felt slighted by Powar.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News