Inclusive Beach Walking and Beach Games
Nandavanam caters to the underprivileged children of the local community and provide comprehensive medical and paramedical services. We have 35 children availing our day care facilities free of cost. Nandavanam promote humane and traditional practices in the field of rehabilitation for children and adolescents with special needs. We see the child in the context of the home, family and the environment. The staff at Nandavanam take special care to make home visits, dialogue with parents and provide emotional and infrastructural support. Assessments are comprehensive and include the developmental, medical, paramedical, educational and social aspects.
Inclusion is our theme and this year we are organizing an awareness campaign on ' Inclusive Beach Walking and Beach Games' to mark the disability day celebrations with the aim
- To celebrate the world disability day in an inclusive manner.
- To promote the therapeutic barefoot beach walking and its benefits.
- To promote traditional beach games
People with special needs from the ECR area( Nandavanam, Swabhiman Center, V-Excel Educational trust, Asha Niketan, Mirra Foundation, Lotus Foundation, Swabodhini, Wecan center, Lingam special school etc.) along with children from mainstream schools(Nandavanam learners Club, Neevs Montessori, Abacus Montessori, St. Anthony's matriculation School, Fathima Matriculation School Kodambakkam etc.) And volunteers from Newgen KnowledgeWorks Pvt.Ltd, parents and well wishers will take part in the event.
Programme: 20 minutes of barefoot beach walking in pairs with the following slogans, which tell the public about the benefits of barefoot beach walking.
- Starts on: Monday, 03 Dec 2018 at 09:00 AM
- Ends on: Monday, 03 Dec 2018 at 10:30 AM
- City: Chennai
- Location: New Beach, Thiruvanmiyur
- Event Charges: Free
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Organizer Name: Nandavanam Center of Excellence for Children with Developmental Challenges
- Organizer Phone: +91-9940638910
- Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizer Website: http://nandavanam.co
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Pragya Thakur sparks controversy with her statements, gets court notice
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News