PM Modi calls India-Japan-American partnership, JAI
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has called the India-US-Japan partnership, JAI or victory and said this would go a long way in building world peace and prosperity.
If I put it differently, Japan, America and India is JAI. In Hindi, 'JAI' means success. In a way, JAI is a message of success and we are making a new beginning. Our arrangement I believe, will play a big role in promoting world peace and prosperity. - Prime Minister Narendra Modi
He said this at the first-ever trilateral meet with United States President Donald Trump and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at the G-20 summit in Argentina.
PM Modi said it was good that the three countries with democratic values had met to discuss ways to promote peace, prosperity and stability in the world.
"I am glad both US and Japan are our strategic partners. Both the leaders have been my good friends. It is a good opportunity to work together", said Modi.
India's Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale told the media that the three leaders exchanged views on the Indo-Pacific. "They all agreed that free, open, inclusive and rules-based order is essential for the regional peace and prosperity. The Prime Minister offered some ideas on how we should take forward on the concept of Indo-Pacific and how the three countries can work together to promote this concept."
Gokhale said the overall mood was positive. "There was a very positive atmosphere and the outcome of this first trilateral has been very encouraging. Prime Minister Modi and the other two leaders were pleased with this outcome."
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 21, 2019 Free Medical Camp
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Events February 20, 2019 Paintability!
- Headlines February 21, 2019 Court to Anil Ambani - Pay dues or go to jail
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 Kerala's disability rights groups gear up to challenge unjust road transport authorities
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 New initiative called iDARE in Goa aims to fight for the rights of disabled people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 7, 2019
Headlines February 16, 2019
Headlines February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News