PM Modi calls India-Japan-American partnership, JAI
December 2, 2018
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has called the India-US-Japan partnership, JAI or victory and said this would go a long way in building world peace and prosperity.
If I put it differently, Japan, America and India is JAI. In Hindi, 'JAI' means success. In a way, JAI is a message of success and we are making a new beginning. Our arrangement I believe, will play a big role in promoting world peace and prosperity. - Prime Minister Narendra Modi
He said this at the first-ever trilateral meet with United States President Donald Trump and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at the G-20 summit in Argentina.
PM Modi said it was good that the three countries with democratic values had met to discuss ways to promote peace, prosperity and stability in the world.
"I am glad both US and Japan are our strategic partners. Both the leaders have been my good friends. It is a good opportunity to work together", said Modi.
India's Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale told the media that the three leaders exchanged views on the Indo-Pacific. "They all agreed that free, open, inclusive and rules-based order is essential for the regional peace and prosperity. The Prime Minister offered some ideas on how we should take forward on the concept of Indo-Pacific and how the three countries can work together to promote this concept."
Gokhale said the overall mood was positive. "There was a very positive atmosphere and the outcome of this first trilateral has been very encouraging. Prime Minister Modi and the other two leaders were pleased with this outcome."
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News