PM Modi calls India-Japan-American partnership, JAI
December 2, 2018
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has called the India-US-Japan partnership, JAI or victory and said this would go a long way in building world peace and prosperity.
If I put it differently, Japan, America and India is JAI. In Hindi, 'JAI' means success. In a way, JAI is a message of success and we are making a new beginning. Our arrangement I believe, will play a big role in promoting world peace and prosperity. - Prime Minister Narendra Modi
He said this at the first-ever trilateral meet with United States President Donald Trump and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at the G-20 summit in Argentina.
PM Modi said it was good that the three countries with democratic values had met to discuss ways to promote peace, prosperity and stability in the world.
"I am glad both US and Japan are our strategic partners. Both the leaders have been my good friends. It is a good opportunity to work together", said Modi.
India's Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale told the media that the three leaders exchanged views on the Indo-Pacific. "They all agreed that free, open, inclusive and rules-based order is essential for the regional peace and prosperity. The Prime Minister offered some ideas on how we should take forward on the concept of Indo-Pacific and how the three countries can work together to promote this concept."
Gokhale said the overall mood was positive. "There was a very positive atmosphere and the outcome of this first trilateral has been very encouraging. Prime Minister Modi and the other two leaders were pleased with this outcome."
Watch in Sign Language
- Father pleads guilty in death of adoptive disabled child
June 27, 2019
- Salman Khan accused of assault, robbery
June 27, 2019
- PM responds to Jharkhand lynching
June 27, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
- Headlines June 21, 2019 Imran Khan trolled after he quotes Tagore as Gibran
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 United Kingdom government grants visa to blind Indian musicians, reverses earlier order
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Education June 27, 2019 #ChangeMakers - Sonia Jaitley believes in helping children with disabilities unlock their strengths
- Events June 27, 2019 Summer Melodies @ Mitr Cafe
- Headlines June 25, 2019 RBI Deputy Governor resigns
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News