India’s first engineless ‘Train 18’ completes successful trial run
December 4, 2018
India got its first engineless train, Train 18, on Sunday. The train crossed 180 kmph on its first test run in the Kota-Sawai Madhopur section. According to officials, all the major trials are over and the train is expected to start running from January 2019. Train 18 has been made with a whopping Rs 100 crore and is expected to be the fastest train in India.
According to Indian Railways, Train 18 can hit up to 200 kmph. Reports suggest that Indian Railways plans to introduce another Train 18 in a year or so. One of the best parts of Train 18 is that it emits less smoke, carbon dioxide and pollution when compared to other trains. It also has aerodynamically designed driver cabins in both sides of the train.
Train 18 exclusive: Engine-less train becomes Indian Railways fastest at 180 kmph; truly remarkable feat!- Indian Railway News.
There are 16 coaches for Train 18 that has been designed and manufactured in over 18 months.
Social media was flooded with wishes for the new train. At the same time, they also requested passengers to keep the train clean and tidy.
"I just hope and request, all Indians that when these trains will be out for public, make sure you dont make them dirty, dont steal the equipments and help India . #Train18 crosses 180 kmph speed limit during trial run. @ #MakeInIndia", tweeted Imran Solanki.
"Congratulations to the full team involved in this project of #Train18. The test run successfully completed with achieved speed of 180 Km/hr. I appreciate the hardwork done by @PiyushGoyal to turn this into reality", tweeted Shwait Malik.
Watch in Sign Language
- Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
June 18, 2019
- Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
June 18, 2019
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
June 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
- Events June 11, 2019 Maximising Progress in Autism
- Headlines June 11, 2019 Virat apologises for booing Indian fans
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Events June 11, 2019 25th World Cardiology Conference
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News