India’s first engineless ‘Train 18’ completes successful trial run
December 4, 2018
India got its first engineless train, Train 18, on Sunday. The train crossed 180 kmph on its first test run in the Kota-Sawai Madhopur section. According to officials, all the major trials are over and the train is expected to start running from January 2019. Train 18 has been made with a whopping Rs 100 crore and is expected to be the fastest train in India.
According to Indian Railways, Train 18 can hit up to 200 kmph. Reports suggest that Indian Railways plans to introduce another Train 18 in a year or so. One of the best parts of Train 18 is that it emits less smoke, carbon dioxide and pollution when compared to other trains. It also has aerodynamically designed driver cabins in both sides of the train.
Train 18 exclusive: Engine-less train becomes Indian Railways fastest at 180 kmph; truly remarkable feat!- Indian Railway News.
There are 16 coaches for Train 18 that has been designed and manufactured in over 18 months.
Social media was flooded with wishes for the new train. At the same time, they also requested passengers to keep the train clean and tidy.
"I just hope and request, all Indians that when these trains will be out for public, make sure you dont make them dirty, dont steal the equipments and help India . #Train18 crosses 180 kmph speed limit during trial run. @ #MakeInIndia", tweeted Imran Solanki.
"Congratulations to the full team involved in this project of #Train18. The test run successfully completed with achieved speed of 180 Km/hr. I appreciate the hardwork done by @PiyushGoyal to turn this into reality", tweeted Shwait Malik.
Watch in Sign Language
- IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
April 21, 2019
- Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
April 21, 2019
- Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
April 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News