Jet Airways cancels 14 flights as pilots didn’t show up for work
December 4, 2018
Indian airline Jet Airways seems to be going through a tough phase lately.
On Sunday the airline had to cancel at least 14 flights as the pilots did not report to duty. As per reports, the pilots went on mass leave and reported sick. The reason behind the absence of pilots of scheduled flights is said to be non-payment of their dues by the airline. The news about the airline's financial troubles have become very common these days.
In some cases it was also reported that the Jet Airways staff has not been paid on time as well.
Jet Airways claims that the 14 flights were cancelled due to 'unforeseen operational circumstance' and not because of non- cooperation of the pilots.
The airline has been defaulting on the salary payments since August this year and is reportedly going through some cash crunch situations. The current cancellation has again raised questions about the credibility of the airline.
The airline has been going into losses since quite some time and many senior staff members have not received salaries of October and November.
The cancellation of flight was taken up sharply by social media users.
Gopal Kavalireddi @gvkredditweeted "Last wk only, when I did a poll of 'domestic airlines to travel', 9% voted for #jetairways . So, just sharing news of pilots reporting sick for non-payment of salaries, cancellation of routes etc is going on. So, until a resolution is achieved (Tata buyout) beware of using Jet!"
captainsam747 @captainsam747 wrote, "I think #JetAirways pilots were more responsible than their employer by refusing to fly in such a mental health condition. A live example of James Reason's system approach and how #humanerrors are expected."
Watch in Sign Language
- Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
June 18, 2019
- Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
June 18, 2019
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
June 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Some tips to protect disabled children from bullying
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Cricket World Cup – India beats Pakistan
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News