Jet Airways cancels 14 flights as pilots didn’t show up for work
December 4, 2018
Indian airline Jet Airways seems to be going through a tough phase lately.
On Sunday the airline had to cancel at least 14 flights as the pilots did not report to duty. As per reports, the pilots went on mass leave and reported sick. The reason behind the absence of pilots of scheduled flights is said to be non-payment of their dues by the airline. The news about the airline's financial troubles have become very common these days.
In some cases it was also reported that the Jet Airways staff has not been paid on time as well.
Jet Airways claims that the 14 flights were cancelled due to 'unforeseen operational circumstance' and not because of non- cooperation of the pilots.
The airline has been defaulting on the salary payments since August this year and is reportedly going through some cash crunch situations. The current cancellation has again raised questions about the credibility of the airline.
The airline has been going into losses since quite some time and many senior staff members have not received salaries of October and November.
The cancellation of flight was taken up sharply by social media users.
Gopal Kavalireddi @gvkredditweeted "Last wk only, when I did a poll of 'domestic airlines to travel', 9% voted for #jetairways . So, just sharing news of pilots reporting sick for non-payment of salaries, cancellation of routes etc is going on. So, until a resolution is achieved (Tata buyout) beware of using Jet!"
captainsam747 @captainsam747 wrote, "I think #JetAirways pilots were more responsible than their employer by refusing to fly in such a mental health condition. A live example of James Reason's system approach and how #humanerrors are expected."
Watch in Sign Language
- IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
April 21, 2019
- Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
April 21, 2019
- Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
April 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Maneka Gandhi gets notice from Election Commission
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News