Five people arrested in killing of police officer at Uttar Pradesh
December 5, 2018
In a shocking incident, a police officer was killed in a communal clash at Bulandshahr in Uttar Pradesh. Officer Subodh Kumar Singh was lynched by an angry Hindu mob after reports of finding cow carcases in a nearby forest came out. Singh, along with his team, had gone to counter the angry mob who soon assaulted him. According to post mortem reports, Singh died due to bullet injury near his left eye. He was chased by the mob behind in his car. Five people have already been arrested in connection to the case.
The police said that the main accused Yogesh Raj is the one who had complained about cow slaughter. Almost 25 cow carcases were found by the mob at a nearby forest. Raj, who claims to be a right wing activist, is the member of the party Bajrang Dal. He is currently absconding.
Social media users pointed out how cow lynching has been causing communal riots across India.
Right wing mob took to violence in name of cow and killed a policeman. These same cops had given free hands to #gaurakshaks now one of their own is dead. Didn't we always tell it will not stop at Dalits/Muslims. Hope majority community learns a lesson. #Bulandshahr- Sanjukta, Twitter User.
In the chilling encounter video that is doing the rounds on social media, Singh is seen fleeing from the scene where he was chased by the angry mob that later shot at him. They took away his mobile phone and pistol as well.
"First they killed Akhlaq on a rumor of beef consumption. Today they killed Investigating officer of Akhlaq case on the rumor of cow slaughter. #Bulandshahr", tweeted Kapil.
A special investigation team has been set up to look into the case.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Headlines April 16, 2019 World Cup Cricket - Indian side announced
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News