Five people arrested in killing of police officer at Uttar Pradesh
December 5, 2018
In a shocking incident, a police officer was killed in a communal clash at Bulandshahr in Uttar Pradesh. Officer Subodh Kumar Singh was lynched by an angry Hindu mob after reports of finding cow carcases in a nearby forest came out. Singh, along with his team, had gone to counter the angry mob who soon assaulted him. According to post mortem reports, Singh died due to bullet injury near his left eye. He was chased by the mob behind in his car. Five people have already been arrested in connection to the case.
The police said that the main accused Yogesh Raj is the one who had complained about cow slaughter. Almost 25 cow carcases were found by the mob at a nearby forest. Raj, who claims to be a right wing activist, is the member of the party Bajrang Dal. He is currently absconding.
Social media users pointed out how cow lynching has been causing communal riots across India.
Right wing mob took to violence in name of cow and killed a policeman. These same cops had given free hands to #gaurakshaks now one of their own is dead. Didn't we always tell it will not stop at Dalits/Muslims. Hope majority community learns a lesson. #Bulandshahr- Sanjukta, Twitter User.
In the chilling encounter video that is doing the rounds on social media, Singh is seen fleeing from the scene where he was chased by the angry mob that later shot at him. They took away his mobile phone and pistol as well.
"First they killed Akhlaq on a rumor of beef consumption. Today they killed Investigating officer of Akhlaq case on the rumor of cow slaughter. #Bulandshahr", tweeted Kapil.
A special investigation team has been set up to look into the case.
Watch in Sign Language
- Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
June 18, 2019
- Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
June 18, 2019
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
June 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 11, 2019 From the ‘Whys’ to the ‘Hows’
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Education June 16, 2019 Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News