Section 144 extended in Sabarimala till 8 December
December 7, 2018
Section 144 has been extended in Sabarimala till 8 December midnight. It has been imposed in Nilakkal and Pamba areas. Section 144 prohibits assembly of four or more people in a place. The decision was taken based on the reports by a special officer and additional magistrate in-charge. The orders were issued on 17 November and were supposed to be implemented only till Wednesday midnight.
A monitoring committee had already visited Sabarimala to see how the situations are. The committee also had to ensure that the devotees who are visiting the hill shrine do not have to face any hassles.
Opposition parties BJP and UDF have been holding hunger strikes and protests asking the government to lift the ban. Kerala governor Palanisamy Sathasivan tweeted that the demand for lifting the section has already reached him.
An eight member BJP delegation led by Ms.Saroj Pandey MP& National General Secretary,@BJP4India met me at Kochi and submitted a petition demanding the lifting of Prohibitory orders (144) in and around Sabarimala- Palanisamy Sathasivam
From past few decades, women of menstruating age were banned from entering Sabarimala, which is abode of Lord Ayyappa who is believed to be celibate. On September 28, the Supreme Court of India ordered that women of menstruating age can enter Sabarimala. After the Supreme Court order, many devotees and political parties came out to protest. A few women who tried to enter the temple were harassed by angry mob. Kerala has also been witnessing communal clashes due to this.
"#Section144 extended till midnight of December 8 in #Sabarimala. The decision has been taken based on the report by the Special Officer and Additional Magistrate in charge", tweeted Digvijay Singh.
Watch in Sign Language
- Felt suicidal after India loss, says Pakistan cricket coach
June 26, 2019
- 11 arrested in Jharkhand lynching case
June 26, 2019
- Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
June 26, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 26, 2019 Mamata Banerjee says ‘Super Emergency’ in India since Modi rule
- Employment June 20, 2019 Karnataka's popular Mitti Cafe chain, manned entirely by disabled staff, set to expand to other cities
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
- Get-hooked June 25, 2019 Zakker Hussain’s relentless commitment to social work is admired by many people
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Encephalitis deaths rise across Bihar, M.P under alert
- Events June 23, 2019 Certificate Course on Down Syndrome
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Pakistan gets warning to curb terrorism by October
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines June 23, 2019
Headlines June 24, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News