Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje accuses opposition leader of body-shaming
Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje has said she feels insulted that she was described as "fat" by former Janata Dal (U) leader Sharad Yadav. Yadav had called her that during a campaign rally.
Speaking to the media after casting her vote in Jhalawar, Raje said,
I actually feel insulted and I think even women are insulted. We never issue personal statements against any leader and it is not civilized behavior. To set an example for future it’s important that EC takes cognisance of this kind of language. - Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje
At a rally in Rajasthan’s Alwar, Yadav said, "Give some rest to Vasundhara, she has become very tired, very fat. She used to be thin. She is our Madhya Pradesh’ daughter".
The BJP condemned his remarks as sexist and filed a complaint with the Election Commission demanding action against Yadav.
On Friday, voting was held in Rajasthan after a bitter campaign between the Congress and the BJP in the state. The results will be declared on 11 December.
Voting was also held in Telangana, which saw its first assembly election since formation in 2014. All 119 seats in Telangana cast their votes on Friday.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Some recreational activities for visually impaired people
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Employment February 10, 2019 Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 #LovePossible – When Swarnalatha proposed to Guruprasad
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 5, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News