PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
December 8, 2018
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had a meeting with Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Thursday. As per reports, the meeting was held in view of the recent violent incidents in UP's Bulandshahr area. The violence took the life of two people including one police officer on duty.
PM Modi met Adityanath at his residence in New Delhi. Formal details of the meeting have not been made public however, some BJP party sources have claimed that the two men discussed the "Ardh-Kumbh" that is to be held in Allahabad next month.
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath reportedly invited Prime Minister Narendra Modi to take part in the event and also briefed him about the Bulandshahr incidents.
Police Inspector Subodh Kumar Singh was killed by a mob while he was trying to pacify them over a row due to discovery of cow carcasses in the area.
Family of the slain Inspector has been promised a compensation of Rs. 50 lakh by Yogi Adityanath. He has assured the kin of the Inspector that justice will be done in the matter.
The government was earlier slammed at the state and centre for not discouraging violence by the cow protection brigade. The silence of the Prime Minister over the issue was also questioned by several critics of the government and the public.
Social media users shared their thoughts.
LeeMi @beinghuman2810"Replying to @TimesNowHe is obsessed with Kumbh Mela he is least bothered about the voilence only concerned about cow cow cow"
Anjan Chatterjee @anjchatt "Replying to @TimesNow He also has a huge list of cities to be renamed fr which he will seek approval."
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News