PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
December 8, 2018
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had a meeting with Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Thursday. As per reports, the meeting was held in view of the recent violent incidents in UP's Bulandshahr area. The violence took the life of two people including one police officer on duty.
PM Modi met Adityanath at his residence in New Delhi. Formal details of the meeting have not been made public however, some BJP party sources have claimed that the two men discussed the "Ardh-Kumbh" that is to be held in Allahabad next month.
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath reportedly invited Prime Minister Narendra Modi to take part in the event and also briefed him about the Bulandshahr incidents.
Police Inspector Subodh Kumar Singh was killed by a mob while he was trying to pacify them over a row due to discovery of cow carcasses in the area.
Family of the slain Inspector has been promised a compensation of Rs. 50 lakh by Yogi Adityanath. He has assured the kin of the Inspector that justice will be done in the matter.
The government was earlier slammed at the state and centre for not discouraging violence by the cow protection brigade. The silence of the Prime Minister over the issue was also questioned by several critics of the government and the public.
Social media users shared their thoughts.
LeeMi @beinghuman2810"Replying to @TimesNowHe is obsessed with Kumbh Mela he is least bothered about the voilence only concerned about cow cow cow"
Anjan Chatterjee @anjchatt "Replying to @TimesNow He also has a huge list of cities to be renamed fr which he will seek approval."
Watch in Sign Language
- Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
June 18, 2019
- Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
June 18, 2019
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
June 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Headlines June 17, 2019 More deaths due to encephalitis in Bihar
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News