Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
December 9, 2018
Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan has said that he has asked his government to look into the status of the 2008 Mumbai attacks case. Khan said he believed it inPakistan's interest to resolve the matter.
This year on the 10th anniversary of the attack, India repeated its calls for the prosecution of the groups behind the attack. The attack has been blamed on the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT). India has accused Pakistan os not showing sincerity in bringing the accusers to justice.
Speaking to The Washington Post, an American newspaper, Khan said,
We also want something done about the bombers of Mumbai. I have asked our government to find out the status of the case. Resolving that case is in our interest because it was an act of terrorism. - Imran Khan, Prime Minister, Pakistan
The trial into seven suspects, including LeT operations commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, has been stopped as Pakistani officials have asked for more evidence from India to take matters forward. India says there is enough proof.
Khan, who has advocated for peace with India since he won the elections in July this year, has said his peace overtures have been rejected by India. He said, India has elections coming up. The ruling party has an anti-Muslim, anti-Pakistan approach. They rebuffed all my overtures".
Khan said he has opened a visa-free peace corridor with India so that Indian Sikhs can visit a shrine in Pakistan. He hoped that after the Indian election is over, his country can resume talks with India.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News