Resolving 26/11 Mumbai attacks is in Pakistan's interest, says Imran Khan
Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan has said that he has asked his government to look into the status of the 2008 Mumbai attacks case. Khan said he believed it inPakistan’s interest to resolve the matter.
This year on the 10th anniversary of the attack, India repeated its calls for the prosecution of the groups behind the attack. The attack has been blamed on the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT). India has accused Pakistan os not showing sincerity in bringing the accusers to justice.
Speaking to The Washington Post, an American newspaper, Khan said,
We also want something done about the bombers of Mumbai. I have asked our government to find out the status of the case. Resolving that case is in our interest because it was an act of terrorism. - Imran Khan, Prime Minister, Pakistan
The trial into seven suspects, including LeT operations commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, has been stopped as Pakistani officials have asked for more evidence from India to take matters forward. India says there is enough proof.
Khan, who has advocated for peace with India since he won the elections in July this year, has said his peace overtures have been rejected by India. He said, India has elections coming up. The ruling party has an anti-Muslim, anti-Pakistan approach. They rebuffed all my overtures”.
Khan said he has opened a visa-free peace corridor with India so that Indian Sikhs can visit a shrine in Pakistan. He hoped that after the Indian election is over, his country can resume talks with India.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Barbie goes inclusive, launches line of dolls with disabilities
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 17, 2019
Headlines February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019