Kedarnath movie banned in 7 Uttarakhand districts
Sara Ali Khan’s debut movie Kedarnath hit the theatres on Friday. Sara Ali Khan is the daughter of actors Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh and the grand daughter of veteran actor Sharmila Tagore.
The movie has received mixed review from the audience and seems to be doing fine at the box office. However, Kedarnath release has been banned in seven districts of Uttarakhand state.
The ban has been imposed by the district magistrates of Nainital and Udham Singh Nagar as there were concerns related to disruption of law and order in the region.
The state government has not banned the movie officially despite some Hindu outfits demanding a complete ban. As per the protesting groups the movie promotes the idea of love jihad. Some people claim that the movie hurts the sentiments of Hindu community and is hardly based on any true facts.
The movie has Sushant Singh Rajput and Sara Ali Khan in the lead roles. The story is a Hindu girl-Muslim boy love story in the backdrop of the 2013 floods that had rocked the state of Uttarakhand.
In the movie, Sara belongs to a wealthy family and falls in love with Sushant who is a poor porter. While their love story is facing social obstacles, nature strikes the area and Kedarnath is flooded.
Social media users have mixed reactions to the ban in the seven districts. While some support the ban others are against it.
Rajeev @Rajeevprdtweeted “Replying to @Cavieta @IndianExpress @satpalmaharaj Good decision. Bollywood is known for many junk & crappy movies just to twist facts”
BVS @shettybv45 Replying to @Cavieta @satpalmaharaj @IndianExpress @rashtrapatibhvn @BJP4India @INCIndia @cpimspeak @arunjaitley @PiyushGoyal @narendramodi Politiciansbeggars blackmailing Bollywood must http://stop.It is just game plan to extract easy money.”
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Priyanka Gandhi launches mega poll rally in U.P
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 8, 2019
Headlines February 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News