Kedarnath movie banned in 7 Uttarakhand districts
December 9, 2018
Sara Ali Khan's debut movie Kedarnath hit the theatres on Friday. Sara Ali Khan is the daughter of actors Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh and the grand daughter of veteran actor Sharmila Tagore.
The movie has received mixed review from the audience and seems to be doing fine at the box office. However, Kedarnath release has been banned in seven districts of Uttarakhand state.
The ban has been imposed by the district magistrates of Nainital and Udham Singh Nagar as there were concerns related to disruption of law and order in the region.
The state government has not banned the movie officially despite some Hindu outfits demanding a complete ban. As per the protesting groups the movie promotes the idea of love jihad. Some people claim that the movie hurts the sentiments of Hindu community and is hardly based on any true facts.
The movie has Sushant Singh Rajput and Sara Ali Khan in the lead roles. The story is a Hindu girl-Muslim boy love story in the backdrop of the 2013 floods that had rocked the state of Uttarakhand.
In the movie, Sara belongs to a wealthy family and falls in love with Sushant who is a poor porter. While their love story is facing social obstacles, nature strikes the area and Kedarnath is flooded.
Social media users have mixed reactions to the ban in the seven districts. While some support the ban others are against it.
Rajeev @Rajeevprdtweeted "Replying to @Cavieta @IndianExpress @satpalmaharaj Good decision. Bollywood is known for many junk & crappy movies just to twist facts"
BVS @shettybv45 Replying to @Cavieta @satpalmaharaj @IndianExpress @rashtrapatibhvn @BJP4India @INCIndia @cpimspeak @arunjaitley @PiyushGoyal @narendramodi Politiciansbeggars blackmailing Bollywood must http://stop.It is just game plan to extract easy money."
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 23, 2019 Delhi-based Coloured Zebra uses theatre for holistic growth
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Employment April 23, 2019 Finding right jobs still remains a struggle for adults with autism
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Get-hooked April 24, 2019 New study links excessive screen time and ADHD in children
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism and dental health
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Sri Lanka declares emergency, Islamist group identified
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 19, 2019
Headlines April 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News