India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
December 11, 2018
After 10 years of facing defeats, India has won its first Test match in Australia. India defeated Australia by 31 runs in the opening match of Test series played on Monday.
The last time India had defeated Australia in a Test match in that country was in 2008. Since then, India has not won a single match.
In the previous 11 Test series played by the Indian team in Australia, two were drawn and nine were lost. Australia had a strong side this time but India was better.
Ravichandran Ashwin took three wickets and helped the team win the match apart from contribution from bowlers Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami who took three wickets each.
With the historic win Indian captain Virat Kohli has added another feather to his cap of achievements.
Virat has become the first Indian captain to win Tests in England, Australia and South Africa. He has also led the team to 25 victories in 43 Tests becoming one of the most successful captains of the Indian side.
Indian cricket and Kohli fans are happy to see their team play well and create history.
Joydeep Ganguly @joydeepg9 tweeted, " Replying to @BCCI Lets enjoy the moment & let us now close the series. Well played #TeamIndia let us also salute @cheteshwar1 & the bowlers who did some awesome work."
lifeiscool @xyz1906 wrote, "Replying to @BCCI Nobody in the world of sports, play with this passion of virat, day after day, month after month, year after year.The INTENSITY and PASSION never ever drops The good people of this world who understand sports and have followed u since 2008, u r a rare human being. God bless "
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 19, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News