Praangan is meeting educational needs of children with disorders
Praangan is a ray of light in the lives of children with disabilities and their families. It is a centre based in Vadodara , Gujarat and is dedicated to the educational needs and support of children with disabilities and their families.
Praangan was started in the year 2012 as a small non-profit center by Radha Tandon, who is a trained and well experienced special educator with years of practice and qualifications.
Tandon has gained extensive knowledge about special education needs not only from within India abut also from abroad. Her aim has been to help the disabled children learn and grow through guidance, support and education.
In 2013 the small initiative became Praangan Education Trust, a not-for-profit school.
Tandon was always interested in working in the field of education of children with disabilities.Children with intellectual, learning disabilities need to be taught through special educational techniques and programs. These are also called special education programs and are at times designed according to individual needs of disabled kids.
There are a wide range of disorders and disabilities that affect the mental and physical development of affected children. Children with learning disorders are slow in learning when compared to other children of the same age. The centre caters to children with ADHD, autism, learning disorders and more.
We need to understand the contrasting learning needs of all students. .....One size doesn’t fit all. Radha Tandon, Founder Director, Praangan Education Trust
Various types of teaching aids and technologies employed to make the children feel confident and learn. Children with disability need to be taught and trained with a lot of patience, care and affection.
Praangan is doing all that and has successfully helped changed the lives of its students. The centre has a team of experts from various areas that provide a complete educational support to the children and counselling to the parents and families. The centre has an in house Pediatrician, a Psychologist, a Psychiatrist, a Speech therapist, an Occupational therapist and also a Homeopath.
Counselling ensures that there is a better understanding in parents about the conditions and needs of their children. This further helps provide a more suitable environment to the disabled children at home as they are not misunderstood and are treated accordingly.
The school is currently using a specialized Teaching programme that has been developed in Scott school, California in USA. The program is highly effective in meeting the teaching needs of children with learning and intellectual issues.
“I help children with speech related problems and help them learn language and communication skills. The training is given as per age of a child, severity of the disorders and involves various methods. Children can learn communication through regular therapy and that helps them perform better in school and everyday life.” Saugandh Pratap Singh is an Audiologist & Speech Therapist associated with Praangan.
“The lack of awareness about speech and learning disorders in teachers and parents can hamper the growth of a child. Lately there has been a positive change in the outlook of people towards disorders and therapies.” He added.
Watch in Sign Language
- Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
February 15, 2019
- Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
February 15, 2019
- Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
February 15, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 9, 2019 Animal Assisted Therapy for Mental Well-being!
- Parasports February 9, 2019 Aspiring wheelchair cricketers in Karnataka, here is your chance to shine
- Accessibility February 11, 2019 Kerala government starts initiatives for inclusive elections
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Events February 14, 2019 Free Eye Camp
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Arun Jaitley back in India after treatment
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta to tie the knot on 9 March
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News