Election results from 5 states, massive disappointment for BJP
December 12, 2018
The results of assembly elections held in five Indian states were declared yesterday and were a major disappointed to the Bharatiya Janata Party.
The Assembly elections were held in Telangana, Mizoram, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
Here are the results from the five states comparing the performance of the two major parties: Congress and BJP.
In Telangana elections were held for 119 Constituencies, 60 seats are needed for majority and the TRS party won a massive 87 seats, while Congress bagged 19 and BJP could only get 1. Caretaker Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao who is also the party president won from Gajwel constituency by over 51,000 votes.
The assembly in Mizoram requires 21 seats for majority and elections were held for 40 Constituencies. The Mizo National Front- MNF won 26 seats with congress at 5 seats and BJP at 1 seat win. The MNF is all set to form the government in the northeastern state after a gap of 10 years. Since 2008, Congress had been the ruling party in Mizoram.
In Rajasthan elections were held for 199 Constituencies. 101 seats are need for a majority and Congress party won 99with BJP right behind it at 73 seats. Rajasthan Chief Minister and BJP candidate Vasundhara Raje won from Jhalrapatan seat for the fourth time. Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee President Sachin Pilot won from Tonk seat and former CM and Congress candidate Ashok Gehlot won from Sardarpura.
In MP elections were held for 230 Constituencies, 116 seats are needed for majority and Congress won 113 seats with BJP trailing behind at 109. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan won his seat from Budhni. One seat is still being counted in MP.
In Chhattisgarh, elections were held for 90 Constituencies. 46 seats are needed for majority and Congress party won 68, while BJP won 16 seats. Chhattisgarh's Chief Minister Raman Singh has submitted his resignation letter to the Governor Anandiben Patel.
The results surprised many and social media went abuzz with the results. Priya Mishra @priyamishra025 wrote ,"Am I dreaming? No ,but It's hard to believe their victory. However it's fact and truth. #hopeless #Election2018"
Devershi chandra @ChandraDevershi tweeted, "At the end of the day, EVM was the real winner. #ElectionResults2018 #Election2018"
Watch in Sign Language
- India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
June 24, 2019
- Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
June 24, 2019
- Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
June 24, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Injury scares hit Indian cricket team
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Parenting Corner - Parent’s role in education
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Dhoni must keep playing, says ex Aussie cricketer
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News