India vs Australia - Prithvi Shaw will miss second Test
December 13, 2018
Prithvi Shaw whose place as opener for India was virtually guaranteed will have to sit it out once again for the second Test against Australia. Shaw had injured his ankle during the warm up game against Cricket Australia XI and is still unable to play.
This will mean that K L Rahul and Murali Vijay will find a place in the side. They will play until Shaw is ruled 100% fine.
According to media reports, it will be a while before Shaw is ruled fit. This gives Rahul and Vijay more chances to prove their worth.
Speaking to the media, India coach Ravi Shastri said,
It was heartbreaking to see him go down. But the good thing is he's recovering quickly. He's already started walking. Hopefully if we can get him to run a bit by the weekend, that's really good signs. With youth on his side there might just be a case where he might recover quicker. We'll make a call as and when we get closer to Perth. - Ravi Shastri, India Cricket Coach
Rahul and Vijay put on three for the opening wicket in the first innings of the first Test. They did better in the second innings and put up 63. This was their first 50-run partnership outside the subcontinent.
Cheteshwar Pujara had put up the best score of 100 that helped India get to a decent 250 in the first innings. Pujara was the Man of the Match in that first Test victory. No wonder Kohli called it "priceless". "His grit and determination brought us back in it. We did not let up again for four days," Kohli had added.
Watch in Sign Language
- India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
June 24, 2019
- Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
June 24, 2019
- Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
June 24, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 These school kids show all the potential of making it big in the world of art
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News