Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
December 13, 2018
Congress party has done well in the assembly elections of five states and is all set to form governments in Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
In Madhya Pradesh, Congress won 114 seats, while BJP won 109 and the number of seats required to form a government is 116.
Congress did emerge as the single largest party in the state but missed the majority mark of 116 by just two seats. Bahujan Samaj Party - BSP chief Mayawati has announced that it will support Congress with its 2 seats and help form the government.
"To keep BJP out of power we have agreed to support Congress in Madhya Pradesh," said BSP Chief Mayawati.
With BSP joining hands, Congress party reaches the majority mark of 116 seats needed to form the state government.
Election results from the five states are a huge set back to the Bharatiya Janata Party. The party lost its footage in major states and that can have an impact on its position in the general elections next year.
Social media users have been expressing their thoughts about the elections. Some people think of the results as a positive change while others are skeptical.
SUHAS RANE @suhasvrane tweeted, "Replying to @vivekagnihotri @ShefVaidya I really want to see this Lady as Foreign Minister when RaGa become PM"
falsepride @allthewayrebelwrote, "Replying to @abpnewstv NaMo should thank BMW for her "kind" gesture. she has spared the BJP from continuous pinpricks of blackmail and constant cribbing. We have seen her avtar in the past. Let BJP not take her support @BehanMayawati @AmitShah @ChouhanShivraj"
Watch in Sign Language
- Congress spokesperson attacks her party
April 19, 2019
- Second voting phase-Key points
April 19, 2019
- ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
April 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Congress spokesperson attacks her party
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News