Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
Congress party has done well in the assembly elections of five states and is all set to form governments in Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
In Madhya Pradesh, Congress won 114 seats, while BJP won 109 and the number of seats required to form a government is 116.
Congress did emerge as the single largest party in the state but missed the majority mark of 116 by just two seats. Bahujan Samaj Party - BSP chief Mayawati has announced that it will support Congress with its 2 seats and help form the government.
"To keep BJP out of power we have agreed to support Congress in Madhya Pradesh," said BSP Chief Mayawati.
With BSP joining hands, Congress party reaches the majority mark of 116 seats needed to form the state government.
Election results from the five states are a huge set back to the Bharatiya Janata Party. The party lost its footage in major states and that can have an impact on its position in the general elections next year.
Social media users have been expressing their thoughts about the elections. Some people think of the results as a positive change while others are skeptical.
SUHAS RANE @suhasvrane tweeted, ”Replying to @vivekagnihotri @ShefVaidya I really want to see this Lady as Foreign Minister when RaGa become PM”
falsepride @allthewayrebelwrote, ”Replying to @abpnewstv NaMo should thank BMW for her "kind" gesture. she has spared the BJP from continuous pinpricks of blackmail and constant cribbing. We have seen her avtar in the past. Let BJP not take her support @BehanMayawati @AmitShah @ChouhanShivraj”
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 11, 2019 Robert Vadra takes to Facebook to share his story
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Events February 9, 2019 Race For 7
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Hailstorm in Noida-Delhi has social media excited
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Arun Jaitley back in India after treatment
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajinikanth’s daughter Soundarya gets married
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019