Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
December 13, 2018
Congress party has done well in the assembly elections of five states and is all set to form governments in Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
In Madhya Pradesh, Congress won 114 seats, while BJP won 109 and the number of seats required to form a government is 116.
Congress did emerge as the single largest party in the state but missed the majority mark of 116 by just two seats. Bahujan Samaj Party - BSP chief Mayawati has announced that it will support Congress with its 2 seats and help form the government.
"To keep BJP out of power we have agreed to support Congress in Madhya Pradesh," said BSP Chief Mayawati.
With BSP joining hands, Congress party reaches the majority mark of 116 seats needed to form the state government.
Election results from the five states are a huge set back to the Bharatiya Janata Party. The party lost its footage in major states and that can have an impact on its position in the general elections next year.
Social media users have been expressing their thoughts about the elections. Some people think of the results as a positive change while others are skeptical.
SUHAS RANE @suhasvrane tweeted, "Replying to @vivekagnihotri @ShefVaidya I really want to see this Lady as Foreign Minister when RaGa become PM"
falsepride @allthewayrebelwrote, "Replying to @abpnewstv NaMo should thank BMW for her "kind" gesture. she has spared the BJP from continuous pinpricks of blackmail and constant cribbing. We have seen her avtar in the past. Let BJP not take her support @BehanMayawati @AmitShah @ChouhanShivraj"
Watch in Sign Language
- Father pleads guilty in death of adoptive disabled child
June 27, 2019
- Salman Khan accused of assault, robbery
June 27, 2019
- PM responds to Jharkhand lynching
June 27, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Parasports June 21, 2019 Ahead of Physical Disability World Series, allegations of bias against selectors
- Parasports June 26, 2019 Ireland win puts para shuttler Pramod Bhagat among contenders for Tokyo Paralympics
- Technology June 20, 2019 #TechThursdays - Flexmo, a one-of-its-kind crutch, is engineered for all terrain types
- Parasports June 20, 2019 Sonakshi Sinha likely to play the part of Paralympian Deepa Malik
- Events June 20, 2019 Special buddies program (Intermediate group)
- Headlines June 22, 2019 India deploys warships in view of US-Iran conflict
- Headlines June 24, 2019 Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
- Accessibility June 27, 2019 Dehradun pool forced to grant equal access to disabled adults after official intervention
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News