Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
Friends, we have a lovely program coming up on Sunday. Monali Bala, a well known performer and music teacher, and the curator of a monthly program at Mitr, will be rendering a selection of Sufi and Bhakti music.
The Sufi and Bhakti movement made its deep presence felt for centuries in the Indian subcontinent, and the legacy continues to this day. Philosophers, saints, enlightened souls have written and composed music in these genres.
Monali will present pieces from Kabir to Meerabai, from Tagore to Tukaram, from the Baul singers to Gunakkudi Mastan… and many more, including her own compositions, in Hindi, Tamil and other languages.
She will be accompanied by Hemanth Hariharan on tabla and Samyuktha Menon on tanpura.
And, needless to add, there'll be tasty treats as always at Mitr Cafe!
- Starts on: Sunday, 30 Dec 2018 at 05:00 PM
- Ends on: Sunday, 30 Dec 2018 at 07:00 PM
- City: Chennai
- Location: Mitr, Coastal Road, Kalakshetra Colony, Besant Nagar
- Event Charges: Free
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Organizer Name: SCAN - Special Child Assistance Network
- Organizer Phone: 9940081465, 9840931790
- Organizer Website: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SpecialChildAssistanceNetwork/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News