Supreme Court orders that there should be no further investigation on Rafale deal
December 15, 2018
The Supreme Court of India (SC) has finally passed its verdict on Rafale Deal. SC said that an investigation is not required into the deal for the 36 Rafale fighter jet planes that Indian government purchased from France. The central government run by the BJP can now breathe a sigh of relief after being under constant scanner and criticism over Rafale deal.
According to a batch of pleas that were filed on 14 November, SC was asked to monitor investigations on the deal. But the judges headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi said that there is no reason for intervention by the government over the deal. The judges also added the court has no right to look into the financial details as it is confidential information and cannot be revealed to the public.
There were mixed reactions on social media.
Huge victory for govt in #RafaleDeal. SC clears deal, no detailed scrutiny, no corruption, tells petitioners not to misuse SC with such PILs, @RahulGandhi's allegations binned. Big defeat for Cong/opp and its proxies-Minhaz Merchant
The Rs 59,000 crore Rafale deal had created quite a stir in Indian politics with the Congress criticising the BJP over fraudulence in the deal.
"The #Rafale verdict is correct the Congress should fight a political battle on the issue with Bjp. Can't expect the SC to join issue. Call for a JPC & keep up the pressure for a investigation on the choice of partner", tweeted Swati Chaturvedi.
The Rafale fighter is a twin-engine Medium Multi Role Combat Aircraft that has been manufactured by French aerospace company Dassault Aviation.
Watch in Sign Language
- PM Modi casts vote in Ahmedabad
April 24, 2019
- Bollywood actor Sunny Deol joins BJP
April 24, 2019
- Islamic State takes responsibility for Lanka blasts
April 24, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Get-hooked April 23, 2019 Come, raise a toast to ability at the Sunshine Cafe in Mumbai
- Events April 24, 2019 5th International Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Conference & WheelChair Games 2019
- Employment April 23, 2019 Finding right jobs still remains a struggle for adults with autism
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Disabled people in parts of Goa can look forward to wheelchair accessible transport on voting day
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Make comedy film on PM Modi: Urmila Matondkar
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 24, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News