India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
Australia looked to be in a comfortable position on Day 1 of the second Test against India in Perth. Marcus Harris and Aaron Finch both made half centuries to put Australia at 145/3.
Finch fell after he scored his second Test 50. Indian bowlers bounced back with three wickets in the second session taking out Usman and Harris in quick succession. India's Hanuma Vihari, Jasprit Bumrah and Umesh Yadav took one wicket each.
Australia had resumed the second session on 66 for no loss.
In the meantime. former Aussie cricketer Michael Vaughn said that India made a mistake in not picking Ravindra Jadeja for the second Test. Captain Virat Kohli has opted to go with four pacers.
Jadeja's absence has attracted criticism with Vaughn saying, India made a mistake and also said "Aussies to win".
Think India have made a mistake not playing @imjadeja ... Not only for his bowling but his Batting at No 8 ... India have a very long tail this Week ... Aussies to win. - Michael Vaughn, Former Aussie cricketer
This is the fifth time that India have gone in without a specialist spinner.
Kohli is prepared to work hard for a second victory. "We would have batted as well. But not a bad thing to bowl on day 1 on a wicket which has a lot of grass. We are happy with whatever we are going to do. I have seen an ODI game happen here and it had quite a bit for the bowlers. Pretty excited about that as a bowling side," Kohli said after the toss.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 18, 2019
Headlines February 16, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News