Three terrorists & seven civilians killed at encounter in Jammu & Kashmir
December 16, 2018
In one of the worst terrorist encounters of recent times, three terrorists, one soldier and seven civilians were killed at Pulwama in Jammu and Kashmir. The incident happened at Sirnoo village during early morning on Saturday. Army received information that terrorists have entered the area and the encounter was planned accordingly.
According to reports, civilians started thronging the place and getting into army vehicles once the army entered the area. In spite of being asked to disperse, they did not follow the instructions. Army allegedly opened fire killing seven civilians and critically injuring a youngster. Two other soldiers are also critical after being injured in the encounter. The encounter lasted for only 25 minutes. But there was a lot of commotion and chaos in the area post the encounter.
How long are we going to shoulder the coffins of our youngsters? So many civilians killed today post encounter in Pulwama. No country can win a war by killing its own people. I strongly condemn these killings , and once again appeal for efforts , to stop this blood bath- Mehbooba Mufti, Former Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir
"The administration of Governor Malik has one task & one task only - to focus on the security of the people of J&K & restore peace to a troubled valley. Sadly it appears that's the only thing the administration is not doing. Publicity campaigns & full page ads don't bring peace", tweeted Omar Abdullah, Former Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir.
The government has cut down high speed mobile internet across the valley. Social media users tweeted how unfortunate the incident was.
"Horrific news coming out of Kashmir. 7 civilians killed during encounter in Pulwama, more critically injured. What a tragic, tragic day", tweeted Nidhi Razdan.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News