Three terrorists & seven civilians killed at encounter in Jammu & Kashmir
December 16, 2018
In one of the worst terrorist encounters of recent times, three terrorists, one soldier and seven civilians were killed at Pulwama in Jammu and Kashmir. The incident happened at Sirnoo village during early morning on Saturday. Army received information that terrorists have entered the area and the encounter was planned accordingly.
According to reports, civilians started thronging the place and getting into army vehicles once the army entered the area. In spite of being asked to disperse, they did not follow the instructions. Army allegedly opened fire killing seven civilians and critically injuring a youngster. Two other soldiers are also critical after being injured in the encounter. The encounter lasted for only 25 minutes. But there was a lot of commotion and chaos in the area post the encounter.
How long are we going to shoulder the coffins of our youngsters? So many civilians killed today post encounter in Pulwama. No country can win a war by killing its own people. I strongly condemn these killings , and once again appeal for efforts , to stop this blood bath- Mehbooba Mufti, Former Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir
"The administration of Governor Malik has one task & one task only - to focus on the security of the people of J&K & restore peace to a troubled valley. Sadly it appears that's the only thing the administration is not doing. Publicity campaigns & full page ads don't bring peace", tweeted Omar Abdullah, Former Chief Minister of Jammu & Kashmir.
The government has cut down high speed mobile internet across the valley. Social media users tweeted how unfortunate the incident was.
"Horrific news coming out of Kashmir. 7 civilians killed during encounter in Pulwama, more critically injured. What a tragic, tragic day", tweeted Nidhi Razdan.
Watch in Sign Language
- India dismissed report on rising religious tensions
June 24, 2019
- Salman to earn 400 crore from Bigg Boss 13
June 24, 2019
- Afghanistan match was a lesson, says Virat
June 24, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Uber India apology to disability rights activist not enough, call for concrete measures
- Get-hooked June 20, 2019 Nandavanam centre is changing lives of disabled kids with a blend of tradition & compassion
- Headlines June 23, 2019 Rahul Gandhi criticised for mocking Dog Squad yoga picture
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Dhoni must keep playing, says ex Aussie cricketer
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Get-hooked June 22, 2019 Growing number of fake disability certification rackets highlight need for stricter checks & action
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Understanding Deafblindness
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News