A new book on Cerebral Palsy with a difference
December 26, 2018
Riitesh Sinha is a multitalented person, he is an innovator, a literacy activist cum teacher and also a writer.
Riitesh Sinha has Cerebral Palsy and that has never stopped him for exploring extraordinary talents and skills.
Cerebral Palsy or CP affects the motor skills of a person making it difficult to control the body. The condition might have restricted Riitesh's physical movements but it has failed to stop his ideas and brilliance from shining through.
Riitesh's first book titled 'Understanding Cerebral Palsy' has been released recently adding another success to his lists of achievements.
'Understanding Cerebral Palsy' is an effort to create awareness about life with cerebral palsy. The book explains the challenges faced by people with this condition and also how it does not override their abilities. A person is so much more than a disability and that's what the book aims to promote.
Society has some preset notions about people with cerebral palsy and assumes them to be completely dependent on others. The lack of awareness about the disorder makes it difficult for others to see beyond the obvious disability of a person.
Our parents worked really really hard day and night to transform my brother's life.... Now he puts that to transform others' lives......and moves on to inspire so many more...Disabled and non disabled. To me, he is the biggest beacon of hope. And his life is the greatest example that love, faith, patience and hard work - can fill the most hopeless things with amazing hope and limitless possibilities !!!!! Anila Sinha Sharma, Sister of Riitesh Sinha
The book aims to break the notions formed about people with disabilities particularly those with cerebral palsy. People with cerebral palsy are capable of doing a lot more and they are definitely not seeking pity. Like everyone else they also seek respect, equality, opportunities in education and employment and humane behavior from the society.
'Understanding Cerebral Palsy' also has a lot of useful information for people with CP such as therapies, treatments and strategies to cope with the disorder. People with cerebral palsy, their families, educators will also find useful information about the condition in the book.
Through the book Riitesh has shed light on his journey and the many milestones he has reached through self believe and dedication.
The book, has received a very positive response. Here are a few testimonials.
"The words from the man itself. Amazing ! An intelligent mind in a not so intelligent body. Congratulations for all the achievements." Says Shubham Shrivastava, a fan of Riitesh's talents.
"This book will help in raising awareness about cerebral palsy in general public. It will serve as a basic guide for parents and doctors working in the area of rehabilitation of people with cerebral palsy." Dr. Anju Pruthi
""It is a very good, informative book on Cerebral Palsy. I hope people with Cerebral Palsy and their parents will benefits from it." Pramod Sharma
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News