Madras High Court drops defamation case against actor Rajinikanth
December 22, 2018
India's biggest superstar Rajinikath can now breathe a sigh of relief. The Madras High court dismissed criminal defamation proceedings against Rajinikanth. The case was filed by financier Mukunchand Bothra. According to reports, Rajinikanth's daughter's father-in-law Kasthuri Raja had borrowed Rs 65 lakh from him. Raja assured Bothra that Rajinikanth will repay the amount to him in case he was unable to.
Justice N Anand Venkatesh dismissed the petition pointing out that Rajinikanth cannot be sued under such accusations. The rejection plea showed that the petitioner clearly wanted to defame and malign the name of an internationally acclaimed celebrity like Rajinikanth.
His fans took to social media to express their happiness by posting photos of the actor and glorifying him.
Big win for Rajini: A defamation case filed by producer-financier S Mukanchand Bothra against Superstar Rajinikanth was quashed by the Madras High Court. Bothra filed a case against director Kasthuri Raja for not repaying a sum of Rs 65 lakh borrowed- Moviegalleri
Bothra had earlier filed a defamation case against Rajinikanth which was also dismissed by the Madras High Court. He was also asked to pay Rs 25,000 to Rajinikanth as penalty.
The latest verdict of the High Court was widely spread on social media by Rajinikanth fans.
"Madras High Court quashes criminal defamation proceedings against Rajinikanth", tweeted Kanika Jain.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Events June 11, 2019 Maximising Progress in Autism
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News