Madras High Court drops defamation case against actor Rajinikanth
India’s biggest superstar Rajinikath can now breathe a sigh of relief. The Madras High court dismissed criminal defamation proceedings against Rajinikanth. The case was filed by financier Mukunchand Bothra. According to reports, Rajinikanth’s daughter’s father-in-law Kasthuri Raja had borrowed Rs 65 lakh from him. Raja assured Bothra that Rajinikanth will repay the amount to him in case he was unable to.
Justice N Anand Venkatesh dismissed the petition pointing out that Rajinikanth cannot be sued under such accusations. The rejection plea showed that the petitioner clearly wanted to defame and malign the name of an internationally acclaimed celebrity like Rajinikanth.
His fans took to social media to express their happiness by posting photos of the actor and glorifying him.
Big win for Rajini: A defamation case filed by producer-financier S Mukanchand Bothra against Superstar Rajinikanth was quashed by the Madras High Court. Bothra filed a case against director Kasthuri Raja for not repaying a sum of Rs 65 lakh borrowed- Moviegalleri
Bothra had earlier filed a defamation case against Rajinikanth which was also dismissed by the Madras High Court. He was also asked to pay Rs 25,000 to Rajinikanth as penalty.
The latest verdict of the High Court was widely spread on social media by Rajinikanth fans.
“Madras High Court quashes criminal defamation proceedings against Rajinikanth”, tweeted Kanika Jain.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 17, 2019 Vande Bharat Express breaks down a day after launch
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Pakistani actors and artists banned by Indian film industry
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Understanding Rett Syndrome
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 7, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News