Rahul Gandhi meets disabled children during holiday in Shimla
December 22, 2018
Congress party President Rahul Gandhi is on a short vacation these days. Rahul is on a holiday in Shimla in Himachal Pradesh along with his sister Priyanka Gandhi Vadra and her kids.
Rahul was seen interacting with some disabled children at a local school. He played a game of chess with one of the disabled student.
As per reports, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra has a plot of land near Shimla where a house is being constructed for her.
The year is ending on a high note for Rahul Gandhi as Congress has fared well in the recent assembly elections of five states. The party has formed government in three states and Rahul has been credited for the massive win of Congress.
Rahul's visit and stay in Shimla saw him enjoying some light moments with the family and also local people. Rahul met some local congress party workers but maintained that he is on a personal holiday trip.
Rahul's Shimla holiday is getting mixed response from social media users.
Raj R A @RajRA62457744 tweeted "Replying to @bsindia @RahulGandhi @INCIndia There is more time to do that Meanwhile you sleep well at simla 2019 LS elections are too far Have a nice weekend"
JAGADISH GAONKAR @JAGADISHGAONKA1 wrote," Replying to @htTweets @RahulGandhi Holiday in Simla for waving farmer's loan ,what is Mamla?"
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 27, 2019 Thalassemia Detection Camp
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 27, 2019 Father pleads guilty in death of adoptive disabled child
- Parasports June 27, 2019 Bengaluru to play host to national blind football tournament
- Events June 26, 2019 Coaching Classes for Visually Impaired Students
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News