PM Modi to inaugurate India's longest railroad bridge
December 24, 2018
On 25 December, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Bogibeel Bridge in Assam. The bridge has been completed after 21 years and is a combined road and rail bridge over the Brahmaputra river.
The construction work for the Bogibeel bridge was started in 2002 and it has only been completed now. It is India's longest railroad bridge with a length of 4.94 km.
Bogibeel Bridge will benefit the people of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh by reducing the travelling time between Tinsukia in Assam to Naharlagun town of Arunachal Pradesh by more than 10 hours.
It is a double decker bridge with two railway lines on the lower deck and a three-lane road on the upper deck.
The bridge is considered as an engineering marvel built at a cost Rs 5,920 crore and is strong enough to withstand movement of heavy military tanks.
Prime Minister Modi will flag off a train on 25 December from the bridge and open it to public.
The inauguration of the bridge marks the birth anniversary of late Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and is also observed as the 'Good Governance Day' by the Centre.
Sandeep Roy @sandeep06roy tweeted, "Replying to @PiyushGoyal Stunning, congratulations to the engineers and will of the Govt."
Pradeep Kheruka @PradeepKheruka wrote," Replying to @PiyushGoyal Feel deeply grateful that the right leadership has been able to see this long delayed project to completion."
Watch in Sign Language
- Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat Kohli
June 19, 2019
- Encephalitis takes 108 lives in Bihar’s Muzaffarpur
June 19, 2019
- Six jawans injured in terrorist attack at Pulwama
June 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat Kohli
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Celebrate Autism Pride Day, every day
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News