Death toll due to Tsunami in Indonesia rises to 300, thousands injured
December 25, 2018
Indonesia witnessed one of its darkest days on Saturday when Tsunami hit the country killing over 300 people. More than 1000 people were injured and many others are still missing after the natural disaster hit the country. Thousands of people lost their homes and businesses as well. Reportedly, damages are only going to increase in the coming few days.
World organizations and leaders lent their support to victims of Tsunami during these dark hours.
Unthinkable devastation from the tsunami disaster in Indonesia. More than two hundred dead and nearly a thousand injured or unaccounted for. We are praying for recovery and healing. America is with you!- Donald J Trump, President, United States of America
The gigantic Tsunami waves hit the coast of southern Sumatra and the western tip of Java on Saturday night. Experts pointed out that the Tsunami was caused by eruption of the Anak Krakatau volcano, which had almost collapsed, creating an underwater landslide.
Indonesia's Natural Disaster Agency pointed out that they did not have a Tsunami warning. Unlike earthquakes, it is quite hard to provide an alert for such Tsunamis.
"#IndonesiaTsunami Tsunami has claimed more than 1000 lives n left thousands wounded n helpless.Why nature has become so furious n fatal that it has hit our earth more than enough,is a question which needs immediate attention of our environmentalists to study n suggest the answer", tweeted SN Gupta.
Indonesia is one of the most affected Tsunami spots in the world. The country has witnessed many Tsunamis' over the past many years.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Dhoni clocks highest ever IPL score
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News