Death toll due to Tsunami in Indonesia rises to 300, thousands injured
Indonesia witnessed one of its darkest days on Saturday when Tsunami hit the country killing over 300 people. More than 1000 people were injured and many others are still missing after the natural disaster hit the country. Thousands of people lost their homes and businesses as well. Reportedly, damages are only going to increase in the coming few days.
World organizations and leaders lent their support to victims of Tsunami during these dark hours.
Unthinkable devastation from the tsunami disaster in Indonesia. More than two hundred dead and nearly a thousand injured or unaccounted for. We are praying for recovery and healing. America is with you!- Donald J Trump, President, United States of America
The gigantic Tsunami waves hit the coast of southern Sumatra and the western tip of Java on Saturday night. Experts pointed out that the Tsunami was caused by eruption of the Anak Krakatau volcano, which had almost collapsed, creating an underwater landslide.
Indonesia’s Natural Disaster Agency pointed out that they did not have a Tsunami warning. Unlike earthquakes, it is quite hard to provide an alert for such Tsunamis.
“#IndonesiaTsunami Tsunami has claimed more than 1000 lives n left thousands wounded n helpless.Why nature has become so furious n fatal that it has hit our earth more than enough,is a question which needs immediate attention of our environmentalists to study n suggest the answer”, tweeted SN Gupta.
Indonesia is one of the most affected Tsunami spots in the world. The country has witnessed many Tsunamis’ over the past many years.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 18, 2019
Headlines February 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News