Supreme Court will hear Ayodhya Case next year
The Ayodhya temple and Babri mosque dispute is currently pending for hearing before the Supreme Court of India. The court will now hear the matter on 4 January 2019.
The announcement of the new hearing date has disappointed a lot of factions in the country. BJP and the RSS members were hoping for a verdict before the 2019 general elections to appease Hindu voters.
The construction of Ram temple in Ayodhya has been a long standing promise made to voters by BJP.
Uttar Pradesh government had earlier appealed to the court in October this year for an urgent hearing. The government had cited the reason that the dispute about the temple and mosque in Ajodhya is 100-year-old. At the time, Supreme Court had rejected the plea and had deferred the hearing for a later date.
At present around 14 petitions have been filed against the Allahabad High Court's 2010 verdict that had ordered the division of the disputed land into three parts.
The three parts were to be divided among the Sunni Waqf Board, Nirmohi Akhara and Ram Lalla - infant Lord Ram, a party to the case.
Supreme Court will hear these petitions and then give verdict in the matter. It is reported that a three judge bench, including Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi and Justice S K Kaul will hear the case in January.
🇮🇳BJP#Mission360+ @badri4BJP tweeted,” 🇮🇳BJP#Mission360+ Retweeted Republic #2019"AyodhyaHearing. Now it's clear. Govt will wait for SC to give verdict in January. If SC delays the verdict further, #Ordinance4RamMandir will come for sure. Either way, #RamMandir will come before 2019 polls for sure. “
Raju ranjan @Rss_Positive wrote,”Replying to @republic Hearing of #RamMandir case should be everyday until final decision come..”
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Superstar Rajinikanth will not contest Lok Sabha Elections
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Headlines February 18, 2019 Kashmir Valley shuts down after terror attack
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 18, 2019
Headlines February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019