Nationwide strike of banks today
December 26, 2018
Bank employees in India are going on a strike today. They are protesting against the decision of merger of banks.
Bank employee unions are protesting the merger of Bank of Baroda, Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank. They claim that the country does not need the merger when the people are suffering due to shortage of banks.
Merger of banks leads to closing down of branches and also a reduction in the staff.
The strike is being led by the United Forum of Bank Unions which is a joint forum for all the bank employees in India.
The staff of government banks will participate in the strike along with employees of 12 private banks as well.
As per reports, striking staff will be hosting protests outside the banks all over the country. However, some banks including HDFC, ICICI will not be a part of the strike and will operate as usual as they do not have employee union bodies.
Social media users are not happy about the bank strike as it causes inconvenience to the general public.
Sun Rajen Kaushal elucidates @RajenKaushal tweeted," Bank employees are highest paid but most lethargic, corrupt. If all bank employees are investigated, you will find huge assets beyond their source of incomes. With you advocate for minimum wages, you should be advocating the minimum times taken also. #BankStrike
Jyotirmay @jshukla1982 wrote,"Replying to @firstpost These bank officers have witnessed/supported all the corrupt activities till date..... they don't exercise their moral right to stop corruption instead blame the erstwhile govt.... Now going to strike for what.....govt is infusing huge capital for next round of corruption."
Watch in Sign Language
- Congress list for Delhi polls out
April 23, 2019
- Sri Lanka declares emergency, Islamist group identified
April 23, 2019
- Dhoni clocks highest ever IPL score
April 23, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Court order paves way for woman without fingerprints to get Aadhaar card
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Headlines April 19, 2019 Second voting phase-Key points
- Headlines April 19, 2019 ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News