Flights delayed at Delhi airport due to fog
December 27, 2018
Delhi, India's national capital is going through one of the darkest times due to heavy pollution and fog. On Tuesday, Delhi's Indira Gandhi International airport was shut down for nearly two hours due to heavy fog. The flight operations were cancelled at 7.15 am and resumed by 9 am. In order for arrivals of flights, a visibility of at least 50 metres is required.
Many passengers were affected by the changing flight timings since they were travelling for Christmas vacations. More than 84 incoming and outgoing flights were delayed.
Low visibility held departures at @DelhiAirport for an hour around 7.30 am as arrivals remained normal. 4 diversions so far. 3 international and 1 domestic flight. departures resumed at 9.16 am-Anvit Srivastava, Twitter User
Since most of the incoming flights gets diverted to nearby airports, The Airports Authority of India (AAI) is all set introduce the Air Traffic Flow Management (ATFM) system at the Delhi airport. This system will provide information to airlines about status of the fog at their destinations. This will help the airlines to plan their flights accordingly. This new system will be a great blessing to passengers because they do not have to go to nearby airports. Currently, the AAI is used in nine other countries as well.
"Today #Delhi #Airport #Palam observed first dense #Fog of the season. #Visibility reduced to zero metres at 07:30 hours. Now it is improving. #DelhiFog @SkymetWeather", tweeted Mahesh Palawat
Watch in Sign Language
- Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat Kohli
June 19, 2019
- Encephalitis takes 108 lives in Bihar’s Muzaffarpur
June 19, 2019
- Six jawans injured in terrorist attack at Pulwama
June 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Employment June 12, 2019 Breast cancer detection training for blind women to be expanded to more Indian cities
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 Love, Marriage & Disability - couples share their stories
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Technology June 13, 2019 #TechThursdays - EMx turns the spotlight on early intervention & inclusive education in the 3rd edition
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News