ISIS inspired terror group busted, 10 arrested
December 27, 2018
In a series of raids conducted yesterday, the NIA- National Investigation Agency has uncovered an ISIS-inspired terror group in Uttar Pradesh and Delhi region.
The NIA conducted raids at 17 locations on Wednesday and busted the group named Harkat-e-Harb-e-Islam that was planning to target politicians and VIPs through serial bomb blasts.
10 people have been taken under arrest including a civil engineering student, a graduation student, two welders and a mufti working at a madrasa in Amroha in UP. Explosive material, weapons, ammunition and a rocket launcher have also been seized by the agency.
Apart from that, Rs7.5 lakh in cash, around 100 mobile phones and 135 SIM cards were also recovered during the raids and these were to be used by the terror group for serial explosions.
As per reports, the terror group had plans to target public places, police headquarters in Delhi and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh - RSS offices on 26 January, Republic Day. Five suspects were taken under arrest in Delhi, while the other five were arrested from Uttar Pradesh.
NIA Inspector General Alok Mittal spoke to the media and said, "The gang leader of the module is called Mufti Sohail who stays in Delhi and is a native of Amroha in UP where he works at a mosque... Their targets were political persons and other important personalities and vital and security installations."
The news of the raids and arrests went viral on the social media.
Unbuilt @lag_ja_gale , tweeted, " Replying to @bhupendrachaube Next biggest threat for indian economy would be these Jihadi elements. Once they go above 30% , no one can stop genosides in India.. Population control law more important than small tax breaks."
Manjunath Hegde @manjunathheigde , wrote, " Replying to @TimesNow @priyanktripathi It's time to arrest those who are claiming support to these terrorists irrespective of they are individuals or political parties."
Watch in Sign Language
- Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
June 18, 2019
- Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
June 18, 2019
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
June 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education June 13, 2019 #ChangeMakers - National award winning teacher Manju Arif calls children the biggest inclusion champions
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Events June 12, 2019 Messengers on Cycles 2019: Cyclothon event
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News