ISIS inspired terror group busted, 10 arrested
December 27, 2018
In a series of raids conducted yesterday, the NIA- National Investigation Agency has uncovered an ISIS-inspired terror group in Uttar Pradesh and Delhi region.
The NIA conducted raids at 17 locations on Wednesday and busted the group named Harkat-e-Harb-e-Islam that was planning to target politicians and VIPs through serial bomb blasts.
10 people have been taken under arrest including a civil engineering student, a graduation student, two welders and a mufti working at a madrasa in Amroha in UP. Explosive material, weapons, ammunition and a rocket launcher have also been seized by the agency.
Apart from that, Rs7.5 lakh in cash, around 100 mobile phones and 135 SIM cards were also recovered during the raids and these were to be used by the terror group for serial explosions.
As per reports, the terror group had plans to target public places, police headquarters in Delhi and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh - RSS offices on 26 January, Republic Day. Five suspects were taken under arrest in Delhi, while the other five were arrested from Uttar Pradesh.
NIA Inspector General Alok Mittal spoke to the media and said, "The gang leader of the module is called Mufti Sohail who stays in Delhi and is a native of Amroha in UP where he works at a mosque... Their targets were political persons and other important personalities and vital and security installations."
The news of the raids and arrests went viral on the social media.
Unbuilt @lag_ja_gale , tweeted, " Replying to @bhupendrachaube Next biggest threat for indian economy would be these Jihadi elements. Once they go above 30% , no one can stop genosides in India.. Population control law more important than small tax breaks."
Manjunath Hegde @manjunathheigde , wrote, " Replying to @TimesNow @priyanktripathi It's time to arrest those who are claiming support to these terrorists irrespective of they are individuals or political parties."
Watch in Sign Language
- PM Modi casts vote in Ahmedabad
April 24, 2019
- Bollywood actor Sunny Deol joins BJP
April 24, 2019
- Islamic State takes responsibility for Lanka blasts
April 24, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 24, 2019 5th International Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Conference & WheelChair Games 2019
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Vir Chakra recommended for Air Force pilot
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Events April 24, 2019 Summer Camp 2019
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Get-hooked April 23, 2019 Delhi-based Coloured Zebra uses theatre for holistic growth
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Court order paves way for woman without fingerprints to get Aadhaar card
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 24, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News