Virat breaks 16 year old record on Day 2 of test match against Australia
December 28, 2018
The second day of the ongoing third test between Australia and India saw some very exciting moments.
India ended the innings at 443/7 with a second hundred of the series by Cheteshwar Pujara. It was also the 17th century in Test cricket for Pujara.
Virat Kohli's wicket went down at 82 runs and was taken by Mitchell Starc.
Virat missed out on making a century but broke a 16-year-old record held by former Indian batsman Rahul Dravid.
Virat Kohli became the highest Indian run-getter in overseas Tests in a calendar. The record set by Dravid earlier was for 1 137 runs scored in 2002 and virat went beyond the run count setting a new record of 1138.
The match day ended yesterday at 8/0 for Australia and the game will continue today.
Abhishek Dey @Abhishe55938529 tweeted,"Replying to @CricketNetwork Pujara, the greatest clammy batsman in world.. Again he showed his beauty wow!!!"
Abhishek kumar Ray @Abhishek181284 wrote, " Replying to @ICC #ViratKohli is records breaker... great to see how he plays all format's of cricket with great control and compose."
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 20, 2019 One CRPF jawan killed, six others injured in naxal attack
- Headlines March 16, 2019 Bangladesh cricketers escaped terror attack closely
- Accessibility March 15, 2019 With 'Get Going', Chennai NGO Vidya Sagar aims to get disabled people out & about
- Get-hooked March 15, 2019 First PM Modi, now Mamata Banerjee shocks & offends with comments about mental disability
- Accessibility March 14, 2019 Court asks ministries to respond to PIL challenging separate ID cards for rail concessions for disabled people
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Indian cricket team gears up for World Cup 2019
- Headlines March 15, 2019 21 opposition parties appeal to Supreme Court about EVMs
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 No disability can come in the way of Swapna’s passion for art
- Headlines March 20, 2019 PM Modi’s biopic to release on 5 April
- Events March 17, 2019 Accessible Text Creation Workshop
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News