Murderer of cop in Bulandshahr violence nabbed by Uttar Pradesh police
December 29, 2018
After three weeks, Uttar Pradesh (UP) police has nabbed Prashant Natt for alleged murder of inspector Subodh Singh. Reportedly, Natt pulled the trigger of the gun to shoot down Singh due to which Singh was murdered in the violence. There was violence in the area after carcases of over 30 cows were found at a nearby forest. An angry mob started violence when Singh and his team came to interfere and stop them. Most of the policemen were seriously injured and Singh was chased and shot down by angry mob.
The police have also arrested Johny, supposedly the man who snatched the revolver from Singh. Natt and Johny were seen in the videos of violence through which the police nabbed them. Initially, there were reports that a top leader from right-wing Bajrang Dal was the one who shot Singh. But police rubbished the rumours. This created quite a stir among social media users who pointed out that the cops are hiding the real culprits.
Call it 'COW'ARDICE. #yogeshraj, district convenor of bajrang dal is hiding from law after inciting mob to violence #Bulandshahr- Sarath Chandran, Twitter User.
The UP police nabbed Natt from the Bulandshahr-Noida border on Thursday. A senior police official said that Natt has admitted to have shot the policeman. The police have refused to reveal more details of the crime.
"UP Police say they've identified the man who shot inspector Subodh Kumar Singh in #Bulandshahr . Acc to police the accused is Prashant Nutt, who can be seen in videos of mob violence on December 3. Let's hope they have caught the right guy", tweeted Sanghamitra.
Watch in Sign Language
- Smriti Irani’s supporter shot dead in Amethi
May 27, 2019
- PM Modi to be sworn in on 30 May
May 27, 2019
- Hundreds left homeless in Tripura after heavy rains
May 27, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 27, 2019 PM Modi to be sworn in on 30 May
- Accessibility May 21, 2019 Check out these accessible holiday destinations in India
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Video of physically disabled Zomato delivery boy wins hearts on social media
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
- Headlines May 23, 2019 Election 2019 - Sensex at 40K as leads show 2nd term for PM Modi
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Experts claim music therapy helps enhance critical skills in children with autism
- Get-hooked May 27, 2019 The thrills & chills of being a showstopper - Guest column by Simran Chawla
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 'Follow your heart, not your brain to find success' - Guest column by Neelu Jindal
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News