Murderer of cop in Bulandshahr violence nabbed by Uttar Pradesh police
December 29, 2018
After three weeks, Uttar Pradesh (UP) police has nabbed Prashant Natt for alleged murder of inspector Subodh Singh. Reportedly, Natt pulled the trigger of the gun to shoot down Singh due to which Singh was murdered in the violence. There was violence in the area after carcases of over 30 cows were found at a nearby forest. An angry mob started violence when Singh and his team came to interfere and stop them. Most of the policemen were seriously injured and Singh was chased and shot down by angry mob.
The police have also arrested Johny, supposedly the man who snatched the revolver from Singh. Natt and Johny were seen in the videos of violence through which the police nabbed them. Initially, there were reports that a top leader from right-wing Bajrang Dal was the one who shot Singh. But police rubbished the rumours. This created quite a stir among social media users who pointed out that the cops are hiding the real culprits.
Call it 'COW'ARDICE. #yogeshraj, district convenor of bajrang dal is hiding from law after inciting mob to violence #Bulandshahr- Sarath Chandran, Twitter User.
The UP police nabbed Natt from the Bulandshahr-Noida border on Thursday. A senior police official said that Natt has admitted to have shot the policeman. The police have refused to reveal more details of the crime.
"UP Police say they've identified the man who shot inspector Subodh Kumar Singh in #Bulandshahr . Acc to police the accused is Prashant Nutt, who can be seen in videos of mob violence on December 3. Let's hope they have caught the right guy", tweeted Sanghamitra.
Watch in Sign Language
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern wins praise for response to terror attack
March 25, 2019
- 111 farmers to contest elections against PM Modi
March 25, 2019
- Death toll from Cyclone Idai in South Africa rises
March 25, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines March 24, 2019 BJP drops Shatrughan Sinha from candidate list
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Amazon move to remove books spreading misinformation about autism gets a thumbs up
- Parasports March 25, 2019 Sai Krishna, star athlete at Abu Dhabi Special Games, shattered after losing medal
- Events March 20, 2019 1st ODI National Zone Cricket Championship for Deaf
- Get-hooked March 24, 2019 Kolkata school for kids with disabilities to stay shut until investigation into drowning death is over
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Parenting Corner- Potty Training Children with Down syndrome
- Parasports March 20, 2019 India on a roll at the 2019 Special Olympics World Games
- Events March 19, 2019 BGFI's session on STEM study - An Inclusive Avenue for the Blind
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines March 19, 2019
Headlines March 17, 2019
Headlines March 22, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News