PM Narendra Modi will start campaign on 6 January from Kerala
December 29, 2018
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will start off the campaign for general elections in 2019 from Kerala.
As per reports, PM Modi will arrive in Pathanamthitta in Kerala on 6 January and from there he will start addressing rallies to woo voters for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
At present Bharatiya Janata Party- BJP has only one legislator in the 140-member Kerala Assembly. The party is hoping to increase the number in the elections as Kerala has 20 Lok Sabha seats.
BJP has been working on its strategy for the election campaign and advertising agencies are being hired to publicize the work done by Modi led government in the last five years.
The campaign starting point from Pathanamthitta is being seen as a political move as the Sabarimala temple is also located in this district. Hindu devotees, political parties and various factions such as RSS and the Sangh Parivar have been protesting at the Sabarimala temple since a Supreme Court verdict in September.
The top court has ordered the lifting of ban on women aged between 10 and 50 from entering the temple premises. Since then, the state government has been trying to enforce the Supreme Court order and facing retaliation from all corners.
Social media users expressed their opinion about the campaign being launched from a sensitive area.
YamunaHarshavardhana @YamunaHarsha tweeted, "Is he going to campaign on religion in 2019? Did he campaign on religion ever? He offers prayers as per his religious faith...to you it is unsavoury that he is Hindu!"
Sajan 🇮🇳 @Sayuj3 wrote, "Replying to @BTVI @narendramodi @BJP4India If you want to save Hinduism in India BJP is only safe option under modi..don't vote for smaller parties..it's temporary solution..we need BJP here..in 10 yrs Hindus are going to become minority in Kerala..#bjp4kerala"
Watch in Sign Language
- IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
April 21, 2019
- Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
April 21, 2019
- Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
April 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News