PM Narendra Modi addresses last 'Mann ki Baat' of the year
December 31, 2018
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the last 'Mann ki Baat' programme of the year 2018 yesterday. It was the 51st telecast of 'Mann ki Baat' on All India Radio since it was started by PM Modi on 3 October 2014.
He spoke about Ayushman Bharat, the health insurance scheme launched by the government. PM Modi also mentioned several achievements of his government such as making electricity available in villages across India, construction of the 'Statue of Unity'.
PM Narendra Modi said "Let's come together to make positivity viral. Spreading negativity is fairly easy. But some really good work is being done around us, in our society."
PM Modi also visited Port Blair in Andaman & Nicobar on Sunday where he re-named three islands – Ross Island, Neil Island and Havelock Island to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Dweep, Shaheed Dweep and Swaraj Dweep, respectively.
Speaking about the upcoming Kumbh Mela, PM Modi asked visitors to share the images from the event on social media so that other people will also visit the fair. Kumbh Mela will start from 15 January 2019 at Prayagraj in Uttar Pradesh.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke about the achievements of Indian sportspersons in the Asian games and Para Asian games. He also mentioned names of Vedangi Kulkarni, the cyclist from Pune, Karate player Hanaya from Kashmir, 16 year old boxer Rajani.
While some people feel that 'Mann ki Baat' is a political show, there are several people who feel that it unites the country.
DINESH CHAWLAđź‡®đź‡łâ€Ź @dinesh_chawlatweeted, "Replying to @narendramodi Start of a Sunday Morning can't be better than this Thanks to you Honourable Sir for giving your precious time through #MannKiBaat I always believe that it's not just your's Mann Ki Baat, it's a Mann Ki Baat of 130 crore citizens of this Nation. Thank you once again."
Tripti Tiwariâ€Ź @TriptiRTiwari wrote, "Replying to @narendramodi When the PM highlights the achievements of young sporting stars, it inspires an entire Generation to take up sports with increased vigour. The efforts your Govt is taking to develop Infrastructure, will surely make celebrating festivals an Enriching Experience."
Watch in Sign Language
- PM Modi casts vote in Ahmedabad
April 24, 2019
- Bollywood actor Sunny Deol joins BJP
April 24, 2019
- Islamic State takes responsibility for Lanka blasts
April 24, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Jet Airways suspends all operations
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Get-hooked April 24, 2019 New study links excessive screen time and ADHD in children
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Accessibility April 24, 2019 Accessible voting promise a sham says activist Arman Ali, shares experience on social media
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Dhoni clocks highest ever IPL score
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Congress list for Delhi polls out
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News