PM Narendra Modi addresses last 'Mann ki Baat' of the year
December 31, 2018
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the last 'Mann ki Baat' programme of the year 2018 yesterday. It was the 51st telecast of 'Mann ki Baat' on All India Radio since it was started by PM Modi on 3 October 2014.
He spoke about Ayushman Bharat, the health insurance scheme launched by the government. PM Modi also mentioned several achievements of his government such as making electricity available in villages across India, construction of the 'Statue of Unity'.
PM Narendra Modi said "Let's come together to make positivity viral. Spreading negativity is fairly easy. But some really good work is being done around us, in our society."
PM Modi also visited Port Blair in Andaman & Nicobar on Sunday where he re-named three islands - Ross Island, Neil Island and Havelock Island to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Dweep, Shaheed Dweep and Swaraj Dweep, respectively.
Speaking about the upcoming Kumbh Mela, PM Modi asked visitors to share the images from the event on social media so that other people will also visit the fair. Kumbh Mela will start from 15 January 2019 at Prayagraj in Uttar Pradesh.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke about the achievements of Indian sportspersons in the Asian games and Para Asian games. He also mentioned names of Vedangi Kulkarni, the cyclist from Pune, Karate player Hanaya from Kashmir, 16 year old boxer Rajani.
While some people feel that 'Mann ki Baat' is a political show, there are several people who feel that it unites the country.
DINESH CHAWLAðŸ‡®ðŸ‡³â€ @dinesh_chawlatweeted, "Replying to @narendramodi Start of a Sunday Morning can't be better than this Thanks to you Honourable Sir for giving your precious time through #MannKiBaat I always believe that it's not just your's Mann Ki Baat, it's a Mann Ki Baat of 130 crore citizens of this Nation. Thank you once again."
Tripti Tiwariâ€ @TriptiRTiwari wrote, "Replying to @narendramodi When the PM highlights the achievements of young sporting stars, it inspires an entire Generation to take up sports with increased vigour. The efforts your Govt is taking to develop Infrastructure, will surely make celebrating festivals an Enriching Experience."
Watch in Sign Language
- Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
August 22, 2019
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- BJP leader files complaint against Anurag Kashyap
August 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 15, 2019 Visually impaired singer Muskan uses music to connect with the larger world
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Kerala minister K K Shailaja steps in for deaf child affected in the floods
- Lifestyle August 22, 2019 Kurtas for men - Feast your eyes on some amazing designs
- Parasports August 15, 2019 Sekhar Goud is India's first triple amputee to scale Mount Elburus in Russia twice
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
- Headlines August 16, 2019 PM Modi's Independence Day address - Key points
- Technology August 21, 2019 #InclusionChamps: Bleetech’s human-centric approach wins them Universal Design Award 2019
- Parasports August 21, 2019 Indian para swimmers successfully swim the Catalina Channel, set Asia record
- Events August 21, 2019 Ageing with Grace Workshop for Seniors
- Headlines August 17, 2019 No Indian soldiers killed by Pakistan, says Indian Army
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines August 15, 2019
Headlines August 20, 2019
Headlines August 18, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News