PM Narendra Modi addresses last 'Mann ki Baat' of the year
December 31, 2018
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the last 'Mann ki Baat' programme of the year 2018 yesterday. It was the 51st telecast of 'Mann ki Baat' on All India Radio since it was started by PM Modi on 3 October 2014.
He spoke about Ayushman Bharat, the health insurance scheme launched by the government. PM Modi also mentioned several achievements of his government such as making electricity available in villages across India, construction of the 'Statue of Unity'.
PM Narendra Modi said "Let's come together to make positivity viral. Spreading negativity is fairly easy. But some really good work is being done around us, in our society."
PM Modi also visited Port Blair in Andaman & Nicobar on Sunday where he re-named three islands – Ross Island, Neil Island and Havelock Island to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Dweep, Shaheed Dweep and Swaraj Dweep, respectively.
Speaking about the upcoming Kumbh Mela, PM Modi asked visitors to share the images from the event on social media so that other people will also visit the fair. Kumbh Mela will start from 15 January 2019 at Prayagraj in Uttar Pradesh.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke about the achievements of Indian sportspersons in the Asian games and Para Asian games. He also mentioned names of Vedangi Kulkarni, the cyclist from Pune, Karate player Hanaya from Kashmir, 16 year old boxer Rajani.
While some people feel that 'Mann ki Baat' is a political show, there are several people who feel that it unites the country.
DINESH CHAWLAđź‡®đź‡łâ€Ź @dinesh_chawlatweeted, "Replying to @narendramodi Start of a Sunday Morning can't be better than this Thanks to you Honourable Sir for giving your precious time through #MannKiBaat I always believe that it's not just your's Mann Ki Baat, it's a Mann Ki Baat of 130 crore citizens of this Nation. Thank you once again."
Tripti Tiwariâ€Ź @TriptiRTiwari wrote, "Replying to @narendramodi When the PM highlights the achievements of young sporting stars, it inspires an entire Generation to take up sports with increased vigour. The efforts your Govt is taking to develop Infrastructure, will surely make celebrating festivals an Enriching Experience."
Watch in Sign Language
- Virat Kohli fastest to score 11,000 ODI runs
June 18, 2019
- Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
June 18, 2019
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar out for 2 matches
June 18, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Lyse Bin Muhammad combines medicine & disability activism with ease
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Events June 17, 2019 Indian Freedom Struggle through a musical play
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
- Technology June 12, 2019 Chatbot Mera Mitra aims to be the personal companion for all things to do with disability in India
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News