Smriti Mandhana named women's cricketer of the year
January 1, 2019
2019 has started as a good year for Indian cricket. Indian cricketer Smriti Mandhana has been named the women's cricketer of the year by the sport's world governing body.
Smriti Mandhana has won the Rachael Heyhoe-Flint Award for the best player of the year.
22 year old Mandhana is a left-handed batswoman and has also been named ODI cricketer of the year. She scored 669 runs off 12 one-day internationals and 622 runs in 25 T20 matches in 2018
After Indian fast bowler Jhulan Goswami, Mandhana is the second Indian woman cricketer to win an International Cricket Council award. Jhulan Goswami was named the women's player of the year in 2007.
Social media users congratulated the cricket player for her achievements.
Vrithamani Srinivasa @vnsrinivasa tweeted,"Replying to @ICC @melindafarrell Can you PLEASE get Mr. O'Keeffe's opinion about this, and ask him WHICH canteen bowlers helped Smriti get this award!! :-)"
Rahulks1010 @rahulks1010wrote "Replying to @ICC @mandhana_smriti CONGRATS MAM @mandhana_smriti It's just starting . Many more of achievements still to come"
ALSO READ: India won third test match in Australia
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News