Smriti Mandhana named women's cricketer of the year
January 1, 2019
2019 has started as a good year for Indian cricket. Indian cricketer Smriti Mandhana has been named the women's cricketer of the year by the sport's world governing body.
Smriti Mandhana has won the Rachael Heyhoe-Flint Award for the best player of the year.
22 year old Mandhana is a left-handed batswoman and has also been named ODI cricketer of the year. She scored 669 runs off 12 one-day internationals and 622 runs in 25 T20 matches in 2018
After Indian fast bowler Jhulan Goswami, Mandhana is the second Indian woman cricketer to win an International Cricket Council award. Jhulan Goswami was named the women's player of the year in 2007.
Social media users congratulated the cricket player for her achievements.
Vrithamani Srinivasa @vnsrinivasa tweeted,"Replying to @ICC @melindafarrell Can you PLEASE get Mr. O'Keeffe's opinion about this, and ask him WHICH canteen bowlers helped Smriti get this award!! :-)"
Rahulks1010 @rahulks1010wrote "Replying to @ICC @mandhana_smriti CONGRATS MAM @mandhana_smriti It's just starting . Many more of achievements still to come"
ALSO READ: India won third test match in Australia
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Dhoni gets government support on gloves issue
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Events June 11, 2019 Golden Eye Chef 2019
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News