Smriti Mandhana named women's cricketer of the year
2019 has started as a good year for Indian cricket. Indian cricketer Smriti Mandhana has been named the women's cricketer of the year by the sport's world governing body.
Smriti Mandhana has won the Rachael Heyhoe-Flint Award for the best player of the year.
22 year old Mandhana is a left-handed batswoman and has also been named ODI cricketer of the year. She scored 669 runs off 12 one-day internationals and 622 runs in 25 T20 matches in 2018
After Indian fast bowler Jhulan Goswami, Mandhana is the second Indian woman cricketer to win an International Cricket Council award. Jhulan Goswami was named the women's player of the year in 2007.
Social media users congratulated the cricket player for her achievements.
Vrithamani Srinivasa @vnsrinivasa tweeted,”Replying to @ICC @melindafarrell Can you PLEASE get Mr. O'Keeffe's opinion about this, and ask him WHICH canteen bowlers helped Smriti get this award!! :-)”
Rahulks1010 @rahulks1010wrote ”Replying to @ICC @mandhana_smriti CONGRATS MAM @mandhana_smriti It's just starting . Many more of achievements still to come”
ALSO READ: India won third test match in Australia
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 18, 2019 Naa Mein Naa Hai. Consent and Love. - Guest Column by Srinidhi Raghavan
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Disability rights body seeks Health Minister's intervention to overturn guidelines that discriminate against MBBS aspirants
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Headlines February 19, 2019 Jaish-e-Mohammed's key aide killed in Kashmir
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019