Veteran Hindi film actor Kader Khan is dead
Senior Hindi film industry actor and writer Kader Khan passed away in Canada after a long illness. He was 81 years old. Khan's health worsened on Friday and he was hospitalized in Canada. His funeral was held in Canada Canada on Tuesday where his family is based.
Speaking to a news agency, his son Sarfaraz Khan said, "My dad has left us. He passed away on December 31 at 6 pm as per Canadian time due to prolonged illness. He slipped into coma in the afternoon. He was in the hospital for 16-17 weeks. The last rites will be performed here in Canada only. We have our entire family here and we live here so we are doing it. We are thankful to everyone for their blessings and prayers."
Khan complained of feeling breathless and was unable to talk. He also showed signs of pneumonia. He suffered from a degenerative disease that causes loss of balance, difficulty in walking and dementia.
Reacting to the news, actor Amitabh Bachchan,
My prayers and condolences. A brilliant stage artist a most compassionate and accomplished talent on film. A writer of eminence; in most of my very successful films. A delightful company and a mathematician. - Amitabh Bachchan, Actor
Bachchan and Khan partnered in hits like Mr. Natwarlal, Suhaag and Shahenshah.
Actor Manoj Bajpayee also paid respects to Khan tweeting, "Rest in peace Kader Khan saheb."
Khan, who was born in Kabul, acted in over 300 films. He also wrote dialogues for over 250 movies and frequently collaborated with Manmohan Desai and Prakash Mehra.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Events February 12, 2019 Workshop on Advancing Your Interpreting Skills
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Events February 10, 2019 Cerebral Palsy at Bhopal and Varanasi 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 2, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019