Veteran Hindi film actor Kader Khan is dead
January 2, 2019
Senior Hindi film industry actor and writer Kader Khan passed away in Canada after a long illness. He was 81 years old. Khan's health worsened on Friday and he was hospitalized in Canada. His funeral was held in Canada Canada on Tuesday where his family is based.
Speaking to a news agency, his son Sarfaraz Khan said, "My dad has left us. He passed away on December 31 at 6 pm as per Canadian time due to prolonged illness. He slipped into coma in the afternoon. He was in the hospital for 16-17 weeks. The last rites will be performed here in Canada only. We have our entire family here and we live here so we are doing it. We are thankful to everyone for their blessings and prayers."
Khan complained of feeling breathless and was unable to talk. He also showed signs of pneumonia. He suffered from a degenerative disease that causes loss of balance, difficulty in walking and dementia.
Reacting to the news, actor Amitabh Bachchan,
My prayers and condolences. A brilliant stage artist a most compassionate and accomplished talent on film. A writer of eminence; in most of my very successful films. A delightful company and a mathematician. - Amitabh Bachchan, Actor
Bachchan and Khan partnered in hits like Mr. Natwarlal, Suhaag and Shahenshah.
Actor Manoj Bajpayee also paid respects to Khan tweeting, "Rest in peace Kader Khan saheb."
Khan, who was born in Kabul, acted in over 300 films. He also wrote dialogues for over 250 movies and frequently collaborated with Manmohan Desai and Prakash Mehra.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked July 18, 2019 Trolled for a disability, UPSC topper Ira Singhal highlights need for inclusive education
- Headlines July 17, 2019 Pakistan opens airspace after 140 days
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Kumaraswamy calls for floor test amid political crisis
- Education July 15, 2019 Viewing the draft National Education Policy 2019 through the disability lens - Guest column by Shampa Sengupta
- Technology July 16, 2019 Research offers hope for restoring sight in acid attack victims
- Headlines July 18, 2019 Hrithik Roshan’s Super 30 made tax-free in Bihar
- Parasports July 14, 2019 Para chess champ Jennitha Anto does India proud yet again
- Get-hooked July 15, 2019 Saswati Singh's efforts to empower people with disabilities takes off as Nav Prerna Foundation
- Education July 20, 2019 Updated MBBS curriculum with disability competencies to come into effect from 1 August, confirms MCI
- Events July 14, 2019 Masti Time: Come share your stories
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News