PM Modi gives 1st interview of 2019
January 2, 2019
Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave his first interview of the New Year 2019 yesterday to a media agency. He spoke about various crucial milestones and controversies during his governance.
The interview saw him answering some key topics, here are a few of them.
PM Modi said that the banning of notes in 2016 was not a sudden move or 'jhatka'. The government had issued warnings against the accumulation of black money a year ago. People were advised to deposit the black money in banks and come clean and those who did not comply suffered losses after demonetization. He also said that defaulters like Mehul Choksi and Vijay Mallya escaped to foreign countries due to demonetization.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi condemned the killing of people by mobs in the country and said that these incidents should not be politicized.
Ram temple ordinance
PM Modi clarified that the matter is pending with the Supreme Court and the government will not interfere till the court takes a decision.
In the interview, PM Modi said that Reserve Bank of India Governor Urjit Patel resigned due to personal reasons. . "I am revealing for the first time, he was telling me about this for the past 6-7 months before his resignation. He gave it even in writing. He wrote to me personally," PM Modi said.
Speaking about the goodwill he has created in the people, PM Modi said that he is happy to know that he has some hold on the people and the opposition feels it's his magic.
Pakistan will not change its ways for a long time to come and will continue to act against India said PM Modi.
He also said that he will continue to do his work despite Rafale deal allegations and opposition attacks. He said that Congress party needs to rework its ideology and culture. PM Modi also said his government will remain committed to the welfare and help of middle class people in India.
Social media was abuzz with conversations and comments about the interview. Here are some responses.
Y P RajeshVerified account @YPRajesh tweeted,"The big headline from the #Modi2019interview is that #Modi actually allowed and answered some real questions from a journalist. Desperate times, Desperate measures?"
Dharm Narayan Jha @Dnjha07347351 wrote," In last four years, it was first interview where anchor dare to ask hard questions to #modi. Modiji answered all questions well. I am satisfied with his work. Are you?? #Modi2019Interview"
Watch in Sign Language
- Congress spokesperson attacks her party
April 19, 2019
- Second voting phase-Key points
April 19, 2019
- ‘Kalank’ is highest grosser on opening day for 2019
April 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Bus stops in Delhi to get audio facilities, says Delhi Transport Corporation
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Headlines April 13, 2019 SC to hear Modi biopic case on 15 April
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News