PM Modi gives 1st interview of 2019
Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave his first interview of the New Year 2019 yesterday to a media agency. He spoke about various crucial milestones and controversies during his governance.
The interview saw him answering some key topics, here are a few of them.
PM Modi said that the banning of notes in 2016 was not a sudden move or ‘jhatka’. The government had issued warnings against the accumulation of black money a year ago. People were advised to deposit the black money in banks and come clean and those who did not comply suffered losses after demonetization. He also said that defaulters like Mehul Choksi and Vijay Mallya escaped to foreign countries due to demonetization.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi condemned the killing of people by mobs in the country and said that these incidents should not be politicized.
Ram temple ordinance
PM Modi clarified that the matter is pending with the Supreme Court and the government will not interfere till the court takes a decision.
In the interview, PM Modi said that Reserve Bank of India Governor Urjit Patel resigned due to personal reasons. . "I am revealing for the first time, he was telling me about this for the past 6-7 months before his resignation. He gave it even in writing. He wrote to me personally," PM Modi said.
Speaking about the goodwill he has created in the people, PM Modi said that he is happy to know that he has some hold on the people and the opposition feels it’s his magic.
Pakistan will not change its ways for a long time to come and will continue to act against India said PM Modi.
He also said that he will continue to do his work despite Rafale deal allegations and opposition attacks. He said that Congress party needs to rework its ideology and culture. PM Modi also said his government will remain committed to the welfare and help of middle class people in India.
Social media was abuzz with conversations and comments about the interview. Here are some responses.
Y P RajeshVerified account @YPRajesh tweeted,”The big headline from the #Modi2019interview is that #Modi actually allowed and answered some real questions from a journalist. Desperate times, Desperate measures?”
Dharm Narayan Jha @Dnjha07347351 wrote,” In last four years, it was first interview where anchor dare to ask hard questions to #modi. Modiji answered all questions well. I am satisfied with his work. Are you?? #Modi2019Interview”
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Accessibility February 12, 2019 Patients find centre stage in competencies aimed to develop disability-inclusive compassionate care
- Employment February 10, 2019 Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta to tie the knot on 9 March
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Children with autism showcase their talents at Kochi event
- Events February 14, 2019 Be a Valentine - Celebrate Love
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Kangana Ranaut lashes out Alia Bhatt
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Hailstorm in Noida-Delhi has social media excited
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Some recreational activities for visually impaired people
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News